𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥'𝐬 𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞

Start from the beginning

All of this careful walking on eggshells led up to the paranoid pair forgetting to lock the door to your room. This night, when you convinced them to relax and go to sleep early, instead of worrying about Manberg's existence or yourself, was your chance.

Your bag  was filled with only the most important stuff. This wasn't a quick trip. This wasn't even a goodbye, as much as it hurt. This was an escape. You were fleeing from this place.

What was the point in enduring the days in captivity as they got worse with time and no one saw hope for L'Manberg? Either it would be blown up by TNT or you would get it back.

So what if you did? You couldn't expect it to go back to normal, once it happened. No matter how much Tommy talked about winning the war and sugarcoated Wilbur getting back in power, it would never erase the damage that was done.

Something was very wrong with your friends, and you failed to help them. It was too late.

-----------

Feeling the fresh air above the surface, was the first time when you allowed yourself to breathe through. The echo in the ravine was horrendous, and you couldn't allow yourself to take the risk of making any sound.

Your heart was hammering in your chest. This was it. You felt the guilt nagging at you for leaving them. Abandoning them, betraying your friends.

But you were right. You couldn't back down and return to the suffocating hugs, the mad rambling about brotherly love and the threats about no one being on your side beside them.

Hearing a twig snap under your feet, pushed you to run, triggering a primal instinct of being a prey. Just who would get you first? The Manberg allies? The two lovesick brothers? Or maybe your own attachment to your previous life and the fear of making a grave mistake right now?

Running like this was a nightmare. You stumbled over your own feet all the time. They had hidden your shoes at some point, but you managed to steal Wilbur's old pair. The empty space, which your smaller feet didn't fit, was stuffed with old bandages. Not that it helped too much now. 

You felt sick. Head dizzy, legs numb- everything was working against you. 

Where were you running? You didn't know and it caused panic. 

Where would you even run to? You had no idea who was still on your side! 

It's like Wilbur's words were actually turning out to be true...

"[Name]!"

No. No, the forest was silent.

Too silent. So much, in fact, that you clearly heard their rushed steps running on the rustling forest ground.

No. NO! This couldn't be happening! 

"[Name], come back! Don't you dare run! Please, come back!" 

"[Name]! It's no safe for you to be out in the woods by yourself...! Come on out, we just want to talk!" 

Even within the distance, in pitch dark, you saw and recognized their faces. Oh, the gentle, caring faces of them...they were so worried...they only wanted you to come back home...

You ran. And they did too.

You suddenly get tackled from behind. You fall to the ground and the thorny twigs with the rocks cutting your skin. The breath gets knocked out of your lungs upon impact, and before you have enough air to scream, a hand shouts your mouth. Tommy pins you to the ground. His eyes show a mixture of anger and guilt. Your muffled screams and pleading hurt both his ears and heart.