Almost at once, the Lin brothers swivelled their around to look at Lin Yan.

Lin Yan: gulp.

" This girl, she really scared me to death. Vanishing to God knows where and then returning to the house with such a high fever. She didn't even say anything, in the middle of the night too - she really made us act like headless flies" continued Madam Zhang without sounding at all troubled like she just didn't drop a rather dangerous bomb on their heads " but I say, sister, why are you so uncomfortable? I just noticed but you seem a lot uncomfortable, are you alright?"

When Madam Zhu glanced at Mother Lin, her eyes were a bit narrowed with suspicion and seemed sharper than usual. This made Mother Lin's heart to instinctively jump to her throat, she shuffled her feet and rubbed her hands together, she knew that the time of truth was here but she was really scared!

" I - I'm fine, just a bit worried -"

" You know sister, I'm a bit curious. This thing about string, I think only your family knew about it right? And since your sons were just as clueless as us I don't think that they told Su Wan about the temple, then who did ?" tilting her head on her hand, Madam Zhu spoke in a sing-song voice " I am not doubting you nor am I questioning you but, if you did really tell Wan Wan about the temple, then I think we, as her biological aunt and uncle have the right to know what exactly did she put on the line. What did the high priest tell you when you visited him the last time, don't try to say that you don't know because I have been there once and I do know how things happen there so, chop chop"

Father Lin frowned, a bit upset upon seeing his wife questioned like this " Dear in law, I do agree why you are doubting Lan'er but she is - I think if she knew where Wan Wan was she would have told us"

" she would have, in-law" conceded Madam Zhu with a sharp look in her eyes " but that depends on what exactly that old priest told her, for example, if it was her son's life on the line and there was some catch that could be fulfilled by Su Wan. I don't see her speaking the truth outright, am I right, sister ?"

Mother Lin clenched her hands and then looked up to face Madam Zhu's accusation.. She knew what she did was wrong, she knew what she did was selfish, cruel even. But she was a mother, so if everyone called her a sinner so be it, for the sake of her son - she was willing to become a sinner " you are right, I knew where Su Wan went"

**************************

Chapter 382 - What Did You Say?

Name:Shrewd wife of Lin brothers Author:fairytail72

" mother?" Lin Yan who standing the nearest to Mother Lin felt his heart being pierced by an arrow, his mother's words were like molten glass being poured down in his ears " what - what did you...what did you just say? You told Wan Wan to go to that temple?"

Mother Lin looked down at her hands, she knew that she could no longer hide it anymore. So, she took a deep breath and nodded her head " that's right, this morning Wan Wan came to me and asked where did I get the string from, I knew why she was asking this or you can say I had an inkling when she asked I pretended not to know what was going on in her head and then - gave her the name of the temple and the address as well. I am sorry, I should have told you all, where she went earlier but I couldn't"

" what do you mean you couldn't? Mother?" Lin Chen was having a hard time controlling his voice. He tried to lower his voice but it only made it more awkward " you saw us running around, worrying for Wan Wan. Even Aunt and Uncle in law were worried so why didn't you tell us?"

Mother Lin lowered her head even further, half of her conscience told her that she was in the wrong. But the other half said that she was right, as a mother she chose the right path but just because she thought that it was the right thing to do, it's not necessary that others would think the same as well, she twiddled her fingers while clenching her hands together " because I didn't want you to stop her - I wanted her to finish for what she went there if you all found out for what she went there. You might have tried to stop her, and I couldn't let that happen not when it was finally happening"