Lin Yan didn't know whether he was really possessed by a ghost. He was looking for a sense of security and protection. Once his mother brought this red string and tied it around his wrist, he stopped seeing things. Finally, he started to live his life as a normal human being.

Lin Yan could hear the baby's cry from his past resume outside the house. Lin Yan's felt his eyes widen as he squeezed his legs and covered his ears while burying his face in his knees. He wasn't listening to it. Whatever it was, he couldn't hear it at all.

"I can't hear a thing. There is definitely nothing on the roof or outside. There is nothing." Lin Yan kept repeating the sentence like he was chanting a mantra. But the more he chanted, the louder the child's scream became.

Lin Yan took out the broken string from under his pillow. He didn't know whether it would work after breaking, but only this could give him a sense of security right now. He clutched on the red string and chanted the mantra, again and again, hoping for a miracle just like before.

He was older now. He should be more courageous! He shouldn't be acting like a child who wasn't weaned off his mother's milk. But he just couldn't bring himself to face the situation. Anyone, if anyone would come up and help him, please!

"Lin Yan? Are you still awake in there?" like magic Su Wan's broke through his paranoia. Lin Yan sat up straight, his eyes were fixed on the door, but all his attention was on the child's cry. He heard nothing.

There was no sound, only silence. He couldn't hear anything.

Lin Yan teared up. He could feel warm tears dripping like raindrops on his cheeks as he rushed to open the door to get to Su Wan, his savior. Just like a blessing descending from above, knocking on his door, she stood on his threshold. She had a hand raised in the air to knock on his door once more.

She must have been surprised by his tears and his pale complexion because she forgot to put her hand down. She stared at him in confusion, "Hey, are you okay?"

But Lin Yan didn't answer. No, he couldn't answer. His relief was just too overwhelming. He rushed at her and wrapped his arms around her in a tight embrace. He had escaped the chill and torment of his demons.

She was warm, just like sunshine.

**************************

Chapter 372 - [Bonus ]

Name:Shrewd wife of Lin brothers Author:fairytail72

Su Wan was pretty stunned. Well, she had been rather shocked for a while. From knowing her husband was molested to realizing that he was nothing but a big cry baby who loves to act like a tsundere from time to time. He liked to keep up the pretense he was a strong man. But this was a whole new side of him. He was rushing at her with an expression of being abandoned like a poor puppy left at home, his face then lighting up like a Christmas tree when his owner returned home. But was it okay for him to rub his face in the crook of her shoulder like that? Did he forget that because of him, she hadn't touched any of her husbands and could only abstain herself because she was worried about him?

After all, there was no way she could say, 'hey, I would like to check up on Ah Yan'. While she was busy making love with one of the Lin brothers, right? That would be so embarrassing and such a big turn-off.

Su Wan felt a dampness on her shoulder, and something flashed in her eyes as she zeroed her suspicion-filled eyes at Lin Yan. "Are you... Wiping Your snot on my clothes?"

Lin Yan paused, and then she paused for a moment. A loud shriek resonated through the Lin family's courtyard. "YOU ARE? AREN'T YOU, YOU BRAT?!?!"

---