Chapter 1

Meet Ruby. Ruby lives with her mother in a small cottage on the edge of the forest. She was nicknamed 'Little Red' by the villagers due to her bright red hooded cloak that she always wore. She was a beautiful girl, with long golden hair and piercing green eyes.

One day, Ruby's mother fell ill and needed medicine from the village. Ruby volunteered to go and retrieve it, but her mother warned her to not stray off the path and to be wary of the dangers that lurked in the forest, for it was rumored that a cursed beast lived there.

As she made her way through the forest, she felt a sense of unease. She couldn't help but notice that the usual sounds of the forest seemed to be missing. The birds were not chirping, and the rabbits and squirrels were not scurrying about.

Her discomfort grew as she went deeper into the forest. She felt as though she were being watched. And indeed a pair of yellow eyes were following the girl as she walked through the forest.

When she heard footsteps behind her, she turned around quickly, but there was nothing.

"Hello?" She said. "Is anyone there?"

Silence.

Her heart was racing. "Maybe I'm just being paranoid."

"Maybe not." A voice said behind her.

Ruby flinched, startled by the voice of the stranger. She turned to face the man. Her eyes widening as she looked at the man before her.