chapter 2: qualifying in monaco

Start from the beginning

I put away my phone as I arrive at my car, I stare at the sunset and think for a minute... I've known Sydney forever and know how important this is for her... if you don't know her you can't understand how strongly she loves Formula 1, her whole life is surrounded by it, literally...

I take out my phone again before I start typing again...

I smile at my phone knowing how happy she is at this very moment

I smile at my phone knowing how happy she is at this very moment. As soon as I got home she jumped at me yelling and thanked me the entire evening. We had dinner and surprisingly her food was actually kinda good, usually, I'm the one who cooks, well more like "the one who orders take out" but tonight was beautiful, I love seeing my friends happy.

---

Of course, Syd was the first one awake on quali day running around the apartment like a maniac getting ready, "Have you seen my straightener?", she yells into my room, "If I say yes will you stop yelling at me?", I yawn at her, "What are you still doing in bed come on! We gotta go!", she scolds me and drags the blanket away from me, "You Monster" I run after her laughing.

We arrived at the track on time even though the drive was absolute chaos, who would've thought there would be a lot of traffic today, certainly not me since I was ready to go way too late, thank god we made it in time or Syd would have killed me.

We scan our paddock passes and Sydney, already with a smile on her face, strolls along the street, "This is so exciting I can't believe we're here!!" she twirls around and I can't help but laugh, "Come on I'll get your first pic at a Grand Prix", I take out my camera and she poses for me happily.

"Come on we have to go to the garages! I can't believe I'm saying that ah", Sydney excitedly yells as we make our way to the pit lane.

There are reporters, mechanics, and people everywhere, not a big fan of the masses but Sydney's already in the middle of it, I'm having real trouble keeping up with her, she's like a little kid on Christmas morning running down to get presents.

She stops in front of a garage with the number 16 in front of it, "I can't believe I'm standing here", she's speechless, "It's just a garage is it not?" I ask her, she turns at me with a shocked expression, "I'm ashamed to have you here with me" She laughs and I take out my phone, "Smile for Charles Le Clerk", I'm French, I obviously know how to pronounce the name but Sydney's reaction was more than worth it, "LECLERC!"