An unexpected alliance

Start from the beginning

  "Right, of course. Let's just get this over with," she muttered, mustering her courage.

As they descended into the murky depths of the sewer, Mitsuri couldn't help but grimace as the foul odor assaulted her senses. But what truly sent her into a minor panic was the thought of her meticulously styled hair and pristine socks getting dirty.

  "Oh no, my hair! And my socks! They're going to be ruined!" she exclaimed, frantically trying to protect her hair from brushing against the damp walls and lifting her feet gingerly to avoid any contact with the grimy water below.

Rui and Nezuko exchanged amused glances, understanding Mitsuri's obsession with cleanliness even in the direst of situations. Despite her fussing, they pressed on, determined to complete their mission no matter the obstacles.

As the group continued deeper into the labyrinthine tunnels of the sewer, they were suddenly greeted by a nonhostile demon who had been anticipating their arrival.

"Welcome, travelers," the demon said with a calm voice, surprising Mitsuri, Rui, and Nezuko.

Mitsuri's eyes widened in astonishment.

"You... you're not attacking us?" she asked, her voice a mixture of disbelief and relief.

The demon shook his head, "No, I've been expecting you. My name is Kaito. I am one of the demons who broke free from Muzan's control, just like Rui and the demon siblings."

Rui and Nezuko exchanged cautious glances, but they remained on guard, ready for any sudden movements.

"Why did you anticipate our arrival?" Rui asked, his tone guarded but curious.

Kaito's expression turned somber.

"I've been monitoring the movements of Muzan's forces, and I knew that eventually, someone would come seeking us out. I want to help you," he replied earnestly.

Mitsuri's eyes sparkled with hope.

"You do? But why?" she asked, her curiosity piqued.

"Because I believe in freedom and justice. And I know that Muzan's tyranny must be stopped," Kaito answered, his gaze unwavering.

Rui nodded, acknowledging Kaito's words.

"Thank you, Kaito. Your assistance will be invaluable to us," he said, a hint of gratitude in his voice.

"Before we proceed," Kaito began, his voice echoing softly in the damp confines of the sewer, "there's someone you need to meet. Our leader."

Mitsuri's eyebrows lifted in surprise.

"Your leader? Who is it?" she inquired, her curiosity piqued.

Kaito nodded solemnly. "Her name is Ayaka. She's been instrumental in helping us break free from Muzan's control and organizing our group. But she's cautious, understandably so. She'll need to be convinced of the Demon Slayer Corps' intentions before she agrees to any sort of alliance."

Rui exchanged a meaningful glance with Nezuko, silently acknowledging the importance of this meeting.

"We understand," he replied, his voice firm with determination. "Lead the way, Kaito. We'll do whatever it takes to gain Ayaka's trust and cooperation."