𝟬𝟬𝟭 The day the music died

Start from the beginning

Her mother was no saint, she wasn't born with angel eyes and a tongue of a goddness. But she was a women. One filled with emotions and passion. Venus was loved, by a mother no further than a human. Her father had almost seemed like the angel, his sky blue eyes and light blonde hair, the freckles that painted his cheeks. He was sent from the heavens. He was the best person to have ever lived on earth, Venus believed. His love was infinite, so passionate and true. It didn't need to be shared between Venus and her mother, he loved them with endless amounts of love. His heart was as big as the sun. He was a ray of sunshine, much to the dismay of his given last name. He was everything that could light up the end of a dark tunnel.

He had given his daughter a necklace for her nineth birthday. A small silver sun clasp. It could open, and inside was a picture of them. Her angel and her. A smile so raw, a fathers love was a gift. She was his everything from the moment her mother fell pregnant. His heart was heavy with the love he had for his only daughter.

Her family was like the solar system, her mothers dark feautures embodied the moon, and her father was nothing but sunlight. She became the outcome, a star. A little girl not yet as big as a planet. But a star.

Venus Moon was a wonder.

────────────────────────

"VENUS!" Awoke the girl, the warmth of her bedsheets stolen and ripped from her body. Her mothers swollen eyes starring down back at her "Venus, my beauty, we have to go." Her mother rushed out, fear present within her feautures and voice.

"Mother?" Venus softly spoke, her voice too sore from the rude awakening. A loud ear-piercing scream stole her attention. Venus was now nervous, her heart thumping against her chest "mother what is happening?"

Her mother, River, only shook her head "V, put on your shoes, now." She sternly instructed.

The moonlight that echoed into her room was stolen from big lights. Loud engines were heard, helicopters flying over her home. Fear increased through the eleven year olds veins. She moved to a pair of sneakers quickly. They were a dark blue and white pair, she loved them to bits. Before she was able to stand back up, a hand clasped around her arm, pulling her up harshly,

"River! Venus!" Venus's father came into the doorway, he was terrified. Venus could see it all over his face "we have to go, now."

Through his light eyes, was concern. He locked eyes with River "it's only getting worse, baby."

River nodded "we'll be alright Grayson" her voice was comforting for the fear that had just been laced with Graysons.

River turned to her daughter. Placing her hands firmly on her daughters shoulders, she forced eye contact "I need you to listen to me Venus. You could see something unimaginable, dangerous, life-threatening. I need you to keep calm, take big deep breaths in. Everything will be alright." She gave her daughters shoulders a squeeze "nothings gonna hurt you baby girl. I will never let it."

Venus swolled thickly. "Okay."

"Okay" River repeated, facing her husband "find the car keys."

Grayson nodded, running away from his daughters doorway. The screams outside only became louder. Through the silence in her house, Venus could hear the sound of gasps and clicks. Groans. They were getting loud, closer every second. River knew it too.