Chapter 5

Maybe it was the reflection in the window, she had only realized it was getting dark. "Now that I've finished the homework, I'll be leaving," Dani said.

"I'll walk you to the door," she said.

They parted at the front door. She turned back to the living room and sat on a sofa. Her roommate came walking in. "Hi," she greeted her. "Shall we meet up after dinner?"

Stella nodded. They met at the front door and headed out.

The stars were shining bright in the sky. They walked down a small path. "Have you cooked tea?" She asked. "I saw there was a cup on the sink."

"Yes," Stella replied. "A friend came over and we discussed homework."

"It's true. I have an essay to finish."

Stella looked at the pathway. "Where have you been? You came home quite late."

"I just went grocery shopping," she said.

"My friend is also busy," she replied. "So I haven't seen her in a while."

Her roommate looked at her strangely. "I've been writing for some time and I still have not finished yet. Do you want to have a look afterwards?"

"What are you writing about?"

"It's some creatures in the forest," she replied. "I've been doing some research and had to look up a lot of papers."

Stella frowned. "There might be some papers about it in the library."

"Is Dani also going to write an article?" she asked.

"I don't know," she said. "I haven't heard from him."

"Oh, so you were discussing about homework."

"Yes, there was chemistry and maths homework."

"I have to write a lot," she said.

"I might have to write one soon, too, but maybe in the next semester."