𝟎𝟎𝟓. 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

𝕷uke sits back in the driver's seat of his dad's car, staring right ahead through the windshield at the concertgoers filtering out to the parking lot.

He's waiting for Jack to escort the girls — June, Emma (June's college roommate) and Chelsea (Emma's girlfriend) — to the car since they've both been tasked by June to drive them around today for The Eras Tour.

The sky has only darkened an hour ago due to the resisting warm weather and there's a low breeze winding through the area every once in a while.

Just before the Opening Act, June texted Luke about a "surprise" she'd found for him which left him weirdly confused and he's still reeling from it now because what surprise could June possibly find for Luke at a Taylor Swift show?

He checks his phone for a reply back from Aurora to the text he sent five hours ago but his lips curl down at the sight of still being left on delivered.

She's obviously busy and he shouldn't be so needy because yeah, he is on off-season but she isn't.

He sighs, rubbing his hands down his face just as someone taps on the window.

He glances up to see Jack gesturing for him to unlock the car and he does so, watching as everyone huddles close to the car.

He turns his attention to pulling up his seat, the back door opening and the instant chatter immediately greeting him with Jack settling down on the passenger side and the girls shuffling inside.

He rubs his jaw, glancing up to the rearview mirror with a frown when his gaze catches on to June's grin clearly directed at him.

It seems that both Emma and Chelsea are too staring at him for a reaction, squeezing closer to June just as another girl sits down beside them and shuts the car door.

His heartbeat falters.

Hesitant warm brown eyes look into his from the backseat, her hands fidgeting with the silky white top she has on, tipping her head back slightly to throw her hair behind her shoulder.

Their gazes stay connected, everyone in the vehicle holding their breath to see what Luke's reaction will be.

Slowly, a smile pulls at the corners of her lips — is it weird that he still remembers their taste? — and she blinks, adjusting herself to get comfortable beside Chelsea.

"Hi", she breaks the silence, her sweet and oh so familiar voice shocking him out of his daze.

He coughs, clearing his throat.

His eyes rake down her body, eventually making their way up to her amused gaze.

"Uhm", he opens his mouth, trying to get his brain to work and just speak, "hi".

Aurora smiles wider, a shove to his shoulder finally turning Luke's attention to Jack looking at him with a suppressed smile.

"We gonna sit here all night?".

Luke snorts, putting the car into drive and pulling out of the lot.

"I think this is the time someone tells me what's going on here", he speaks with his eyes ahead though he wants to look back at her so bad.

A snicker — damn you June, a warning would've been nice — and then, "Aurora's here for today. She had only one ticket and coincidentally, she was on the seat right below ours. So, we invited her to dinner. That's okay with you, right?".

He knows what she's trying to do, trying to corner him and make him slip up but no. In the two months he's known Aurora, Luke has learnt to be careful.

He is going to be very careful with his words.

"I suppose", he shrugs, momentarily glancing up to catch Aurora's eyes again.

She perks a brow, a faint smirk lining her lips.

"Weird answer for a guy who wouldn't stop inviting me to spend summer with him but okay".

He chokes on his spit, coughing loudly into his fist as he keeps one hand on the wheel.

Everyone in the car laughs.

He throws a side glance at Jack who's busy snickering just as June did a few minutes ago.

"Alright, guys. It wasn't that funny", he rolls his eyes.

"But you're fine with Aurora being here, right?", Emma asks nonchalantly.

He huffs, looking up at the rearview mirror again only to find that Aurora's eyes are already on him.

"More than fine".

She bites her lip and looks out the window while he sits there, attempting to hide the smile forcing its way to his face.

***
idk what to say so hi hope everyone's doing okay 😞💕