"whaaaaaaaaaaa.. it's so yummy man.." Ishan savoured the taste of pancakes , he was enjoying it all but Shubman felt hot , his pants were tight suddenly , he shifted in his chair , that adam apple moving when Ishan drank his milkshake . 

"Shubman ... Shubman.." Abhishek nudged him "yes .."

"let's go bro .. where are you lost ... ?" 

"oh nothing .. let's go .." 

"see you tonight guys .." Mayank hugged both of them and they nodded , Shubman looked down at Ishan who was still eating his breakfast, not giving a fuck to their goodbyes . 

"Mayank no way I am coming with you .." Ishan spoke and his friend made a very sad face , they were on video call "Ishu please.. if you won't go .. how will I .."

"I don't know Mayank .. don't drag me into this shit of yours again and again.." he replied sitting infornt of his mirror to do his night skincare routine , yup he do it more like his mom force him . 

"yrr just last time.. it's a big race.. this.."

"so what Abhishek is not even the one who ride the bike ... then why Mayank ...?" he asked looking at other skeptically .

"I know but that's the thing Abhishek love .. so ."

"so you go .. not me because .. I don't have anyone whom I have to impress ... " Ishan said , combing his hair and other whined .

"pretty please na.. I will do whatever you say .. please ... " 

"ohk fine .. "

"yayyyyyyy love you Ishu kishu..." Mayank cheered and he tried to hide his smile "chl ab jaldi aaja .." and Mayank nodded .

After twenty minutes, Ishan found himself sitting behind Mayank on a scooter and he still wonder why Mayank act so excited . 

"HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY " Mayank yelled waving his hand at Abhishek in the crowd who smiled and walked to them after noticing .

"come on guys.. "

"why the crowd is so much today..?" Ishan can't help but ask , as they reached at front near the road where racers were standing , pushing past the people .

"ugh .. it's because of Shubman .. and Sam .. they both are participating today.. " Abhishek informed "then what's the big deal in it ..?" 

"Sam has never been defeated ... he is the best one in this whole city .. and this is the first time they are competing together .." 

"oh it's interesting .. so how many people bidding on our Shubman tonight .." and Abhishek's smile fell a little .

"not much .. people are bidding on Sam .. " 

They walked to Shubman who was talking to a man , manager of Sam , Ishan's ears perked up hearing the ongoing conversation .

"Shubman.. you can go down no one will know .. " he looked towards Shubman who was looking a little nervous and their eyes met .

"Shubman.." Abhi was cut in mid by Ishan who came forward and stood in front of Shubman , facing that manager .

"leave everyone out of it .. and play fair .. don't use these cheap tactics .." he said and man chuckled "we have no problem ... we were thinking of not ruining his carrier .. as everyone know Sam is the winner ..." 

"I don't care .. who was the winner .. but now when I am here .. I wanna see who will win.." the man looked at the masked boy from head to toe . 

"I don't talk to kids .. "

"how much you bid on your boy..?" Ishan asked , all serious and Abhishek interfered "leave it Ish .. " he did not take other's full name for privacy .

"I ask how much ...you bet ..?" 

"65000.." the man smirked but his smirk fall when other spoke  "5 lakh .. do you accept ?" Abhishek was horrified "Ishan we don't have this much money and here we bid in thousands not in lakhs .." 

"ok sure why not .. but remember you have to pay cash right now after his defeat .." the man said happily , his eyes sparkling and he went to his racer . 

"Ishan what have you done..?" Abhishek said but other just took the helmet from his hands and looked at Shubman.

"don't be nervous .. this can be a life changing moment .. do win it .. this is the first time .. i am gonna support you .. " Shubman held his hands when other tried to wear him helmet .

'give us some time .." he dragged other away from the crowd and slammed him on the wall , his eyes burning "why ?" 

"what why ? I am helping you .."

"no you are not . .. you clearly know that winning against him is next to impossible .. yet " Ishan took his mask off .

"why do you think so low of me always ..?" his voice small.

"because you are .. you are so selfish .. you can go as low as you possible to revenge , you are so worst Ishan Kishan even putting your dearest ones in life ending situations ..."

Ishan looked up instantly, they were standing so close to each other , he was caged by other . 

"ohhhh  yeah how can I forget it all .. well than ... you are right .. pay me if you lose .." Ishan said and walked away .

The race ended in worst way possible , Shubman lost , Ishan paying 5 lakhs to Sam and Abhishek not happy at all .

Shubman glared at Ishan who was standing with Mayank , and his best friend was definitly lecturing him . 

"leave it Abhishek.. let's go home ..  he will never understand how much hard our life is .." and they went away leaving Ishan alone in that street .

Ishan was walking back to his house when he saw a teenage boy laying on the roadside , he was near his home , his feet hurt by walking this much .

"I don't care... all can go to hell .." he mumbled before going inside .

Ishan turned over on his sides "even putting your dearest ones in life ending situations "  these words ringing in his ear .  

If only Shubman knew, if only. 

"who told you to be the hero ?" he mumbled and chuckled covering his body with blankets "he is right .." and after a long time someone  confirmed his worst ever doubts . 

---------------------------------------Ocean_215--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading it .