CRAWLIN' BACK TO YOU

Mulai dari awal

lando shook his head in amusement, lifting the arm that held the door open just enough for her to duck under and into the warmth of his foyer.

"i had a feelin' you were coming," he closed the door, locking it again, "though I couldn't say I expected to see you this early." he turned towards her, a look she couldn't describe hidden in his eyes, her favorite eyes.

it was odd for the both of them, their hookups taking place after the sun had set for the night. so for her to show up hours before was different, they didn't know what to do.

they stood awkwardly in the front room, just avoiding eye contact and no words leaving their lips. he moved slowly, stopping right in front of her, "let me get your coat," he muttered, scratching the back of his neck as he waited for her to slip off the puffy jacket.

she handed it to him, "thanks." he nodded, turning and hanging it on the coat rack near the door. she looked around as he did so, and though it'd been months, nothing's changed, just like them.

figures that seemed to be stuck in time while the world kept moving around them. they were stuck in a loop they'd never escape.

they basked in the silence between them as they just stood for a while. they didn't know what to do with the time. it was so unusual to see each other before midnight and any time after 2 am.

they only had time for sex nowadays, but now they have all the time in the world. the last time they had a proper conversation was the night she left, the night they broke up.

they had known the breakup was coming, months of arguments over minuscule things that didn't matter showed them the people they had become. they changed for the worst because the one time they sat down together, it was to end them.

it was for the best, truly. many people could testify that because no one tried to stop it, it spoke volumes about how bad they were for each other.

but it felt so good because less than two weeks later, she found herself back in his bed, a start to the now never-ending cycle.

she almost stopped it, she knew she should've, but the high he gave her was something she'd never find in anyone else. even when she never thought to search for it in another person, she was too busy being his to fall for somebody new.

it's been a year since it all started and it had the looks of never stopping until she hadn't seen him for nearly three months. neither would end up quitting though, it wasn't in their nature to.

"would you like something to drink?" he broke the silence, she wasn't expecting him to. he wasn't that type of person.

she tried to speak but her voice was caught in her throat, clearly she needed it. she cleared her throat, "sure." she spoke simply now, and for a reason he wouldn't know, not now at least, it killed a part of him.

he nodded once, placing a hand on her hip to squeeze by with the space he had. the contact was quick, but it left her standing for a while. it was so small, but it meant so much. it meant more to her than the nights with him ever had.

no matter how badly they clashed, it never stopped the want of being with him. maybe it was the reason she kept crawling back to him, the reason the lack of intimate touch was so detrimental to her, the reason she was here now.

she came back to her senses when he called out to her from the other side of the hall, voice echoing off the walls right back to where she stood. "coming?" she saw the shadow of his silhouette lurking behind the corner, clearly waiting for her to follow as if she hadn't remembered the layout of his house from the time she had lived here.