𝟬𝟭𝟲, 𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗼𝗼

Start from the beginning

zara made grayson stop at a flower shop on the way. grayson told her that his mom likes roses and lilies so guess what zara got her. a bouquet with an arrangement of roses and lilies! zara clutches the bouquet tightly in her hand, hoping that her grip isn't slowly crushing them in her hands.

as grayson and zara near the restaurant where they're meeting his parents for brunch, he senses her nervous energy radiating beside him. he slows his pace slightly, turning to her with a warm smile.

"you're doing great," grayson murmurs, his voice soft and reassuring. "just be yourself, and my parents will love you. i promise."

zara's grip on the bouquet tightens as she nods, a small smile playing on her lips. "thanks, gray," she replies. "i just want everything to go smoothly."

grayson squeezes her hand gently, his gaze softening as he looks into her eyes. "it will," he says with unwavering confidence. "and if you ever feel overwhelmed, just remember that i'm right here beside you."

zara's nerves begin to ease at grayson's comforting word. with his encouragement, (and some remembrance of matt's words) she feels as though things will go well.

zara's heart races as they approach the restaurant. she thought she had a few more momemebts to prepare but she was wrong. she wasn't expecting grayson's parents to be sitting outside, right in front of the entrance. 

his parents haven't seen them yet, but she tenses when she sees their outfits. it gives... rich people. not in a bad way, but definitely in a way. grayson notices her hesitation and gives her hand a reassuring squeeze before letting go to greet his parents.

grayson's mom stands up as they approach, a warm smile spreading across her face. "grayson, darling, it's so good to see you!" she exclaims, pulling him into a tight hug before turning to zara. his mom calls him darling! again, rich people vibes.

zara's nerves flutter as she meets grayson's mom's gaze. but any anxiety she feels instantly melts away as grayson's mom envelops her in a warm hug. "and you must be zara," she says, her eyes twinkling with kindness. "you're even prettier in person. nice to meet you, dear!"

zara's cheeks flush at the compliment, and she extends the bouquet of roses and lilies she got for grayson's mom. "it's so nice to meet you, mrs. holmes," she says politely, offering the flowers. "these are for you."

grayson's mom takes the bouquet with a delighted smile. "oh, how lovely! please, call me julia and call him graham," she insists, her warmth putting zara at ease. "oh graham look at how wonderful!"

grayson's dad stands up from his seat, a welcoming smile on his face as he approaches zara and grayson. "zara, it's a pleasure to finally meet you," he says warmly, stepping to zara for a quick side hug.

zara reciprocates the gesture, her nerves calming down further at his friendly demeanor. "likewise, mr— graham," she says with a genuine smile, relieved that the initial tension seems to be going away quickly. that's thanks to their extrovertedness. zara sees where grayson gets it from.

as they pull apart, graham hands her a bouquet of flowers, much like the one she gave to julia. "these are for you," he says with a smile, his voice gentle and welcoming. grayson has told us so much about you. we're thrilled to finally see you in person."

zara's heart swells with gratitude at his kind words. she feels a sense of relief knowing that grayson's parents are so welcoming and friendly. with their warm reception, she feels more confident about the brunch ahead.

"thank you," zara says sincerely, accepting the flowers with a soft smile. "i'm really glad to meet you both."

zara turns to grayson and his smile reassures her. she feels a surge of affection for him. she's thankful for him. he's good for her. together, they follow julia's gesture and take a seat at the table, ready to enjoy the brunch ahead.