Chapter 3 // Date Night

"Where've you been?" Bakugo asked as you dropped down in front of Star and Stripes Agency at two-thirty, a half an hour later than the time you two agreed to return to each other.

"Had to find a boy's parent," you replied shortly. "Took forever. His dad ended up going to the police station after losing him, but there's a million stations around here, so I had to pick and choose until I chose the right one."

"That your adrenaline rush for the day?" he questioned, dropping his arms, which had been crossed over his chest, and wrapping them around your waist loosely.

"No, my adrenaline rush was stopping a bus from hitting the same kid," you stated while draping your arms over his shoulders. "Was the highlight of your day helping a grandma put her groceries in her car again?"

"No," Bakugo began, rolling his eyes. "I got "a taco from a street vendor for helping a grandpa put his groceries in his car."

"Wow," you chuckled as you trailed your tongue along the inside of your cheek. "What an upgrade."

"Good. You two are back."

You immediately stepped back from Bakugo as soon as you heard your mentor's voice and spun around to find the woman standing in front of the doors of her agency, having just walked out of the building.

"Don't act so intimidated," Star and Stripes began with a small chuckle. "You guys have been here for weeks now. I thought you would've loosened up a bit by now."

"Sorry, Miss," you said. You heard a small, muffled cough from beside you and turned to find Bakugo hiding his mouth with his gloved hand.

"Are you...laughing at me?" you realized.

"You're just so...preppy," Bakugo claimed as he cleared his throat. "It's hilarious."

"You know what else is hilarious?" you started while crossing your arms and leaning your weight onto your left leg. "The way you walk in jeans like you got a stick up your ass."

"Hey!" Bakugo exclaimed, his nose flaring. "You said I look good in jeans."

"I lied," you stated. "Stick to sweatpants."

"Alright, let's not get too riled up," Star and Stripes interrupted. "Anyway, I'm glad I caught you two. I wanted to let you know you're not required to train today."

"Really?" you questioned as you turned to face your mentor again. "Why?"

"I have some other interns who are in dire need of training, and they've been hogging the training grounds all day," Star and Stripes explained. "I'm not worried about you two though, so feel free to take the rest of the day for yourselves. Your normal schedule will resume tomorrow."

Star and Stripes gave the two of you a firm nod before walking off, seemingly beginning her own patrol for the day. When the woman was out of your sight, you shifted to face Bakugo.

"You know what this means..." you began, but Bakugo interrupted before you could finish your thought.

"I get to go to sleep earlier," he stated while in the process of removing his gauntlets.

"No," you disagreed slowly. "We can have a date night, a proper one."

You and Bakugo have never really gone on a proper date. Usually, when the two of you hung out in your own time, it consisted of snacking while watching TV, which was perfectly fine. You liked laid-back dates, but you'd also like to go and do something different for once.