The blind man said nothing, and instead sighed in defeat. "Stop making me worry so much."

Alhaitham shook his head with a laugh. "Says the person walking around god knows where."

"Hey! I know what I'm doing okay!" The blonde could only huff upon receiving a kiss from his husband.

Dinner that night was as usual, warm, delicious, and filled with love.

Bath was even more fun, filled with giggles, kisses, and tryst.

-

Alhaitham had to carry his dozing husband to their room. Gently placing the blonde on their shared bed. He gently tucked the blonde inside the blanket and walked to leave the room.

He glanced at the couch where he and his husband just had their dinner. Then slowly opened the door leading to their patio. The door closing with a quiet creak, and Alhaitham's gaze fell to the people outside waiting for his orders.

"Before the sun rises tonight." He started as he stared at the set of people that will be beneficial to this plan. "Any traces of Azar and his misconduct would be cleaned from the land of knowledge."

True to his words, Alhaitham did become the new Acting grand sage per orders of the Dendro archon, and the news of announcement of the new grand sage was moved to a week.

Only for Kaveh.

Upon his succession, Alhaitham immediately made the announcement for everyone to know of Azar's misconduct, along with it, his position as the new acting grand sage. This message was spread to anyone, all except Kaveh.

Kaveh, the blind husband of Alhaitham and a teacher to children that lives in secluded areas of Sumeru, was not made aware of anything at all.

Not even that everything that his husband's stories of him of the world was all filled with lies. Sumeru fell long ago. The prideful beautiful land of knowledge long lost its life and fell at the hand of a greedy grand sage. Gone is the green luscious place and was replaced with debris from the fight of the people rebelling from Azar.

Gone is the bazaar bustling with people and filled with music. Only to be replaced by dead corpse on the ground day after day.

Sumeru fell down.

But Alhaitham made sure Kaveh didn't need to know that.

Slowly

Slowly

One by one, Alhaitham changed Sumeru to make the lies he fed Kaveh a reality.

Their Archon who noticed that took advantage of it and use it to change Sumeru for good. And now that Alhaitham succeeded, all he needed to do left was to ensure no one opens their mouth of what Sumeru was like to Kaveh.

His Kaveh only needs to listen to his truth.

His Kaveh only needs to know beautiful truth.

Just like his beautiful heart.

-

Kaveh woke up to the feeling of kisses on his neck.

"Hnng." He grunted as he shift to another position and face his perpetrator, wrapping his arms and legs around the younger one's body. "Morning..."

He giggled as his face was peppered with kisses. His husband giving a satisfied hum as his faced was cupped by the blonde's soft hands, and his lips tracing around his husband's face.

"Good morning Mr. Baby man." Kaveh giggled at his lips finally found his husband's and a chaste kiss was given.

"Good morning princess."

"Hey!" Once again, Kaveh is carried out of bed, strong yet gentle hands wrapped themselves around him securely as he let out a laugh when he was placed on the couch gently.

"The morning sun is so beautiful today love. It touches the world like the way you kissed my lips earlier today." Kaveh laughs at the comparison as he slaps hid hand on his husband's arms.

"Oh! You..."

"Oh, but it's true."

Tak!

The sound of a mug being placed on the table in his front was heard, then came the same arms that carried him wrapping around Kaveh's waist.

Protectively for just for Kaveh.

"Today, let's just stay like this. Yeah?" Alhaitham whispered as he drown in his lover's embrace. "Stay with me like this."

Kaveh smiled, his arms reached to wrap themselves around Alhaitham's frame.

"Okay, if that's what you want."

The two stayed in that embrace for a long time. With conversations, naps, and cuddles. Their small abode is already filled with warmth.

Much warmer than the pile of corpse burning at the center of Sumeru City. Much warmer and Azar and his men's sizzling corpse.

[A/n: So, I noticed that I actually already have 17 Haikaveh oneshots but noticed only 16 is posted in this platform. And realized that I forgot to post this one! So, here you guys go! I'm so sorry!]