"Another symptom showed up. And it scare the shit out of me Hunter" Scarlett said in her broken whisper, fisting her twin's shirt

"I'm sorry" Hunter said in a whisper as he gave the response.

"I can't lose her again" She said as she hid her face on his chest as a broken sob was let out from her. Hunter just continue running his hand on her back soothingly for her and he never shushing her or comforting her with saying 'it's gonna be okay' as he knew, no matter what, it won't and his sister didn't need that lie

"She's the strongest girl we've ever known, Scarlett. Just like her Mama"

And Scarlett just continued to cry as she couldn't accept it. Not in a million years a mother will accept her child dying. Ever.

What a cruel world, it isn't really fair as Scarlett thought to herself ever since this whole fiasco of her daughter getting sick started.

Meanwhile in the room,

Axel and Chris could hear the muffling sobbing coming out from the room and they know it's Scarlett's. And they couldn't help but to shed a tear as well, they crumbled too when they heard the sob after a long of holding it back. They crumbled with tears falling out while staring at Alexa's sleeping figure in the hospital bed.

Axel's hand kept holding onto Alexa's left hand, squeezing it in comfort, either it was for him or Alexa he didn't know but it did a lot of comfort on him. Like a reminder that his twin sister was there. For now

Hearing how their mama breakdown in her twin brother's embrace makes Axel scared of losing Alexa more.

No one could comfort him more like how his twin sister will do to him. Like their mama and uncle situation right now.

He will lose his comforting source.

Not that their parents won't be comforting but the bond between him and Alexa are beyond everything in this world.

They have gone through so much since they were little. They cling to each other all the way. Through the good and the bad.

Alexa squeezed back Axel's hand as she slowly roused back from her unconscious state. She heard their mama sobs outside of the room and she could hear the frequent sniffles from the occupant inside the room as well.

At feeling his hand squeezing, Axel shot his head up to see his twin sister's eyes blinking open

"Hey bubba" Chris said, leaning forward to caressed her head softly in comfort as he hears her grunt slightly in pain when she adjusted to the lights in the room

"Daddy" Alexa said, turning her face direction to Chris with a small mumble escaping as she called out for him

"Right here bubba, Daddy's right here" Chris said, reaching the girl's hand to squeeze it softly to which Alexa squeezed it back in return

"I'm okay" Alexa said in a quiet whisper. A whisper of assurance that she tried to give to her family even though she's in a lot of pain but it hurts her more to see them so defeated like this.

"I'm okay..." Her second whisper of assurance cracked as her tears sprung into her eyes

So much for assurance..

She's breaking down because she was hoping to be comforting them but their eyes know she's lying and it breaks her.

And also, she hasn't been able to process her emotions properly yet ever since she's sick. She always been the strongest one for them

"Bear, we're gonna be okay" Axel said, whispering brokenly as he gave her a sad smile.

"I'm scared" Alexa's tears flowing down rapidly to her cheeks.

Those words finally have been let out by her. She's opening up, in her vulnerable moment and Axel knows his twin sister is very much vulnerable at the moment.

Scarlett, who has been coming inside after composing herself and letting out her emotions on Hunter, went to her daughter, sit on the bed next to her, with her teary eyes and cupped Alexa's cheek gently and lovingly "I know it's scary Mushy, but Mama and Daddy is here, we're not gonna let you go through it alone. We're right here with you. Till infinity yeah?" Scarlett said with her broken voice but yet so comforting for Alexa.

And unbeknownst to them, this is when they'll start to be more staying over at the hospital.. 

---------------------------- 

Attention: Any medical terms or anything related, might not be making sense much in the real life. I just googled it and wrote it for the plot. 

So guys, we're almost coming to an end on this story. I'll try my best to write it more amazingly for the last chapter to give the closure. 

I hope you guys are enjoying reading this book. I do have another book is in progress. Several books with several plots. 

If you guys have any suggestions or any ideas, do share it with me, I'm open to anything and everything and I love to be discussing ideas with yall. Love you guys

Don't forget, as usual, to take care of yourself wherever you are. Have an amazing day/ night. I'm proud of you guys for every little thing that you've done today if no one has told yet. 

See ya in the next chapter my lovely <3