Uncertainty in Happiness and Death

Start from the beginning

Max quickly let go off her hand, as she knew she would be squeezing it too hard while thinking about Chloe's situation with her parents, due to the fact that Max pretty much accused Chloe of being a bitch because her real dad died.

Max stopped walking... clenched her first... hit herself on the thigh... and began walking again.

Every step she took sent a heavy sound though her ears, a sound most people ignore, but Max had become painfully aware of her actions. Everything that had happened, could have been avoided. She felt immature and stupid. Having powers to correct every mistake, yet problems seemed to flow through every time she let her guard down. It made her think of Chloe's description of fate. Something that is bound to happen, but somehow, Max was able to change the outcome... it made her sick.

Max adjusted her right shoulder slightly, as she felt the strap of her back bag gnawing into her skin. As she did so, her vision caught a glimpse of a raven flying to a nearby tree and disappearing behind a cloud of leaves. She had arrived. She was standing before Chloe's typical-looking house. No cars were parked in the driveway, so either her parents weren't home, or no one was home at all. Normally, Chloe would be blasting music through her windows when she was home alone, but the only sound was the wind passing by with the occasional singing bird. Max couldn't decide if she actually wanted Chloe to be home or not. She had come so far, but she had only just now let herself become nervous. She had refused to think about what would happen if Chloe was still mad, as that might have stopped her from trying, but now she was here. Standing before the wooden door, lifting her hand and knocking. As she lowered her hand and prepared herself, she felt as if she was choking. As if something was stuck in her throat. However, Max did her best to ignore it and focused on nothing but the door. She felt her heart jump as she saw the door handle go down and the door opening. Every feeling she had hidden away, rushed into her head, making her body shiver. She looked up. Saw the girl standing before her. She paid no attention to detail; she only saw the face she feared she would ever forget. Something snapped inside her head, as Max quickly lifted up her right hand and forced time to rewind for a couple seconds as she closed her eyes. Just after, she fell down on her knees, planted her hands on the concrete beneath her and let her emotions flow though her. Chloe was home, but was now unaware that Max was outside her house at this point. She had traveled back in time to the moment before she knocked on the door. It was too much.

I can't... I don't know what to say to her.

Max held in her tears, but felt helpless with the overwhelming sensation of feelings that stormed around inside her body. Seeing Chloe's face brought up a piercing feeling of regret. She recalled Chloe's latest text message.

She wanted me to text her if I had something to say. Not call. And now I am actually meeting her in person. I have to go. I will go home, text her and see how she responds. This is too real.

Somehow, that thought made Max calm down as she lifted herself up from the ground and took a breath.

"Don't turn around," A voice sounded, coming from above.

Max looked up, seeing a blue-haired girl poking her head out from the window a few feet above the door.
"Why?" Max didn't give herself enough time to think.

"You look awful. Hang on," Chloe let out before disappearing, leaving Max feeling utterly confused.
It was nice however. The confusion had overthrown any other feelings that may have made her run away. Max rubbed her eyes for a couple of seconds, before she heard the door opening before her. Again, she looked up to see the girl before her, this time with a calmer mind. Chloe had not planted her usual wool cap on top of her head, thereby exposing every little hair that was dyed blue. She was wearing a black t-shirt with the word "rock" written on it, along with a small yellow bird underneath. It was a risky move, but Max quickly looked a little lower to confirm her suspicion. As she saw that Chloe was only wearing some very short shorts–, which might as well have been boxers- on her nether region, it was clear that she was wearing her usual "sleep-time" clothes.