Chapter Twenty Seven

•:Nobody But You:•

   •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

—Rafe—

The sun is now just peaking up through the clouds as I slam my pedal to the floor, gripping the steering wheel so tight my knuckles burn.

I didn't get a fuck of explanation out of Aria before all I heard was screaming then it cut off. One of those screams a little more high pitched..Haley..
I've never thrown jeans and fucking sweatshirt on so fast, shoving my gun in the waistband of my jeans.

My tires slide across the pavement as I turn too sharp, practically throwing me off the road before I whip the wheel around and swerve around some fucking mailbox.
I don't know what I'm walking into, that mother fucking ex of hers flashes through my mind although I know even he isn't fucking stupid enough to try something, not after our our last..'talk'

A few scenarios bolt through my brain, did someone break in? Did Lily fucking overdose? I tried calling her phone back but it went straight to voicemail, only then did I remember Aria griping about having no internet and how her phone wouldn't work when she got home, only making me wonder how she called me at all.

The gravel cracks under my tires as I pull in, barley slamming the break on before hopping out.
The door flies open and Arias startled eyes meet mine. "Rafe.." she breathes, her lips quivering as tears spill down her face. What the fuck. "He took her...he took" she speaks uncontrollably fast, each one of her words being forced like she can't breathe.
"Slow the fuck down" I tell her as I grab her arm and pull her into the house. Trying to keep my calm but wanting to know what the fuck is happening as my mind races. "Rafe!" Haley's voice has be whipping my head around, feeling anger burn through my chest as she runs over to me, tears cover her freckle covered cheeks but that isn't what has me ready to kill. Her cheekbone is swollen, red and purple blotches along it as blood is smeared across her eyebrow.

I fall to my knees, pulling her into my arms, shoving her messy hair out of her face, my hands practically swallowing her small face. "What the hell happened.." I breathe, feeling shock and anger pound through my veins. "Get her back, go get her back!" She tells me hysterically, everything happening in almost a blur. My eyes snapping up when Katie's voice hits my ears, frantically moving over to Haley, her eyes meeting mine immediately filling with relief as I stand with Haley in my arms sobbing. "What the hell is going on?" I ask through my teeth. Where is Alilia?

"Clint..he's..he came back..I can't..I can't get ahold of the police, the phones aren't working!" Katie can barley speak, distraught as she cups Haley's face, dabbing her cheek before Haley rips her face away, hitting my chest as I hold her. "Go get her!" She cries, being shushed by her mother. "Who is Clint? Where the fuck is Lily?"
"Our father" Aria speaks, reaching up and wiping her eyes. "He took her"