I remember the first day I saw you. You walked into my science class and I remember thinking how pretty you were. I thought we had the chance to be good friends.

Although situation changed that for us, I had always looked up to you. You were always so calm and serene, and I used to wonder if you ever actually had a bad mood. I've come to find out that you were just really good at covering it up, but I think it takes a strong person to put on a smile when they're really hurting on the inside.

I'll be honest when I say that when I left Miami, I never really expected to see you again. I had so much pent up anger against you. I was mostly focused on getting out of the box I was trapped in and exploring a whole new part of the world. I was excited to start a whole new chapter in my life.

Which is why I was confused when you showed up at our door. It's funny, because I had always thought you would just be a chapter in my book, but you ended up becoming the entire novel. I didn't realize that at first, though.

Somehow you ended up staying with us. And I admit, I was mad. I didn't want anything to do with you. I've apologized a thousand times for how I treated you. You were vulnerable and I was scared of letting anyone in.

I think I knew something between us was inevitable the first night you wandered into my room. You were clutching my shirt to your chest and I remember feeling so affected by someone else's sadness for the first time in forever. That feeling terrified me.

The day I realized what I felt for you was turning into love was when you got taken away. Things had happened between us before that, yeah. But I didn't really know what to call it. But the day I lost you was the day that I realized what I really could lose. And that's why I thought that maybe, just maybe, the universe wanted me to fall in love.

And in a way. I think I loved you from the start. It was like I just knew from the moment I saw you that there was something between us. I think something in us knew... and something in us will always know.

When I got you back... it was the best feeling in the world. I made a promise to myself in that moment that I would do whatever it took to keep you safe. I hope I've managed to keep that promise.

We've been through a lot together, goofball. You've helped me in ways I can't even put into words. You've brought out this person in me that I never knew existed. You've taught me how to see the beauty in the smallest of things, even a flower. There's something so innocent about the way you love and I'm forever grateful that you've shared your spirit with me.

So thank you. Thank you for finding me. Thank you for helping me find parts of myself that I didn't know existed. Thank you for loving me and thank you for giving me the pleasure of loving you.

I remember when we were in Miami and you found the hidden journal entry, the very last line really struck me. You said you wished you had a promise that things will be alright. I'd like to give you that promise, Camila. Forever and always.

Camila looked up at Lauren quietly when the letter ended, thinking over everything she had just read aloud. She was so busy going over the words in her head that she didn't notice Lauren slowly removing her hand from her sweatshirt pocket.

"Camz," Lauren whispered with a soft laugh. The small girl snapped out of her trance, only to find Lauren holding up her pinkie between them.

Camila's eyes widened and she immediately stood up, moving in front of Lauren and gently cupping her hand. She examined the delicate writing that was now inked into Lauren's finger.

"Things will be alright," Camila whispered, reading the cursive font. She looked up at Lauren, her mouth slightly agape.

"I promise," the green eyed girl said softly, a shy smile on her face. Camila couldn't help but smile, and she slowly brought her hand up to lock pinkies with Lauren's, watching as the inked words wrapped around her finger.