six

"She's not gonna wake up, Dinah, I already tried," Lauren whispered, glancing at the small girl on the bed. Dinah dismissed her claim and smirked.

"Pizza's here!" she yelled, clapping her hands together.

Camila's eyes fluttered open and a few moments later, her head shot up in confusion. "Pizza?" she mumbled, blowing a loose strand of hair out of her face and looking at the two girls that stood in front of her.

"Holy shit," Lauren laughed under her breath, raising an eyebrow at Dinah. Camila groaned and buried her face in the pillow.

"That is not funny," Camila's muffled voice rang out from against the pillow. Lauren laughed and scooted closer to the bed, finding Camila's hand under the blanket and squeezing it.

"Hey, c'mon, you get to come to class with me today," Lauren said softly, biting her lip and hoping Camila wouldn't react negatively. The small brown eyed girl immediately looked up in confusion.

"Ally's schedule got turned around and so now you're gonna have to tag along with me on Tuesdays and Thursdays," Lauren subtly motioned to Dinah that she could handle it from there. The Polynesian girl got the message and slipped out of the room.

It wasn't that Lauren didn't trust Camila home alone, because she did. It was just that she'd rather not spend the day worrying about the other girl. She would much rather have Camila by her side.

To be frank, she did panic when she realized Ally wouldn't be home with Camila. She was slightly worried about what having Camila with her would do. But she was also comforted by the fact that her teacher had already met Camila, and seemed to be accepting of her. She just hoped he wouldn't mind having an extra student in his class.

"What?" Camila pushed herself into a sitting position, wiping her eyes and looking around the room tiredly. Lauren couldn't help but smile at the small girl's sleepy confusion. Camila yawned softly and gave Lauren a tired smile.

"You get to come to class and watch me draw, is that cool?" Lauren asked, sitting down next to Camila and smoothing out her tousled hair. Camila's face lit up and she nodded.

"You know how to act in a classroom, right?" Lauren tilted her head to the side. Camila giggled.

"Duh," she raised her hand up in the air. "You raise your hand when you have to go to the bathroom."

Lauren bit her lip nervously. "Actually-,"

"I was joking," Camila laughed. Lauren sighed in relief. Camila had been cracking believable jokes more often, and Lauren still wasn't used to it.

"I will be good, do not be annoying," Camila teased and stood up from the bed. She opened the closet and scanned it slowly, before looking back at Lauren. "What do I wear?"

"Whatever you want," Lauren walked up behind the small girl, wrapping her arms around her waist and planting a kiss on her cheek. "Just make sure it's warm, cause' the studio is freezing."

Camila giggled, watching as Lauren reached over her shoulders and grabbed a pair of jeans out of the dresser. Once she found what she wanted to wear, she slipped into the bathroom while Lauren got changed in the bedroom.

Lauren paused for a moment when she heard a sound of frustration coming from the bathroom. Raising an eyebrow, Lauren tiptoed across the hallway.

"You okay in there?" Lauren knocked on the door twice. When she didn't receive an answer, she opened the door slowly and peered into the small bathroom. Camila was leaning over the sink, trying to apply mascara to her eyelashes with a shaky hand.