"Centaurs." Annabeth admired. "No one even knows they're there." Percy observed. "There used to be herds of them, everywhere." Grover began. "What happened to them?" Percy asked. "A few thousand years ago, the god of the wild, Pan, disappeared. And ever since, without him to protect the natural world, humans have been trying really hard to chip away at it."

"The bravest satyrs volunteer to become Searchers, trying to find Pan. None have ever returned." Victoria added.

"Your uncle we found in Medusa's, Ferdinand, he was a searcher?" Percy shifted his attention to Grover once again. "The Oracle didnt say the quest would fail. 'Fail to save what matters most,' that could mean a lot of things. That's how prophecies work, that's how fate works. It could mean a lot of things. The harder you work to understand, the harder it gets to understand." Annabeth encouraged.

"Sometimes, you've just gotta let it come to you when it's ready." Victoria nudged. The group all turned their heads towards the cop that approached them. "Excuse me. Can I see your tickets, please?" The cop asked.

Victoria quickly grabbed their tickets out of her backpack, handing it to the officer while he inspected it. "You're in cabin 17B?" He gestured.

The four of them nodded, puzzled.

✩°。 ⋆⸜⚔️✮

The group was escorted back to their cabin, finding it in a state of disarray, with belongings scattered and furniture overturned. Deep claw marks marred the walls, leaving ominous traces of an intruder.

Victoria's frustration was visible as she surveyed the scene. The police officer inquired, "You wanna explain?" to which Percy retorted, "You think we did this?" The tension hung heavy as the officer pressed, "Did you?"

"How? And why?" Percy questioned. "Sir. When we left to get breakfast, everything was intact. We don't know how this happened." Grover jumped in. "We got a witness here, says she heard the window smash, and then heard children's voices." The police officer stated.

"Oh, come on. You really think four twelve-year olds did this? And where did the claw marks even come from? Because I know, I don't have claws." Victoria sassed, rolling her eyes.

"Are we under arrest?" Annabeth asked. "I don't think you wanna take that tone with me, little girl." The officer warned.

"Are we under arrest." Victoria repeated, stepping in front of the cop.

✩°。 ⋆⸜⚔️✮

"So we're just killing time 'til we find it it that guy's like a werewolf or something, right?" Percy said. "I don't think he's a monster." Annabeth whispered back.

"It's hard to tell." Grover shrugged. "Why would anyone tear our room apart?" Percy expressed. "Maybe they were looking for something." Grover suggested.

"We don't have anything." "The people who think you stole Zeus's master bolt might disagree." Annabeth said. "Well they're not gonna find something we don't have." Grover shrugged.

"Either way, we aren't spending the day answering questions in the St. Louis Police Station. We need to get out of this before we get delaye-" Victoria was cut off by a woman tapping her shoulder.

The woman was blonde, maybe in her late 40's or early 50's with a concerned look smeared across her face. She finally spoke. "Do you mind if I sit?" She asked, gesturing to the empty seat.