Year 1900

I've collected my souls today and now walking in a narrow alley. It was very quiet while everyone was busy working and minding their own businesses.
At the end of the alley, I saw a woman hitting a guy now on the floor with no life. Blood is everywhere and it greased her clothes as well. I can just disappear but I was astonished by what she was doing.

Her mind was blank and I can't read it, why did she kill the man? Why does it looks like she's used to doing this, I feel no remorse at all.

"You! How long were you staring?" My astonishment was interrupted when she noticed me.

I even checked my back to make sure she is talking to me.

"I just got here and don't worry about it, I won't tell the cops" she's very intimidating yet you can sense she needs some care. I know devils shouldn't meddle with human affairs but I am trying to save my ass here too.

"Sure you won't" she charged onto me and tried hitting me with her axe. Of course, I was able to hold her off. Small yet daring.

"You can trust me" I said calmly, her eyes full of fear became calm too and so I pulled the axe and threw it away.

Days go by and I kept seeing her, she told me stories about herself. How she always beg for love, that no one stays with her even when she pours so much of herself for them, they just go away after a while.

She was in a fixed marriage, looked forward to having a family only to know her husband was cheating and called her desperate. She killed him.

I was there looking forward to her next moves, she tried many times. Having boyfriends, affairs and husbands everywhere only to be heartbroken. I heped her clean her crime scenes, no questions asked I just did.

"I have a confession to make Vera, I'm a devil"
"Hahahaha aren't we all? I can be considered as one with all the bad things I did"

I showed my true form but she did not get scared.

"Ayaw mo ba talagang iligtas kita? I can change your life Vera. You can have your desire of loving someone and have a happy family, we can make a deal for it hindi kita agad kukunin" I offered.

"Ang kulit mo Bada! If this was my faith, it is my faith I don't want to change it just because you can. Maybe I was born to be miserable" she replied.

Word spreads so fast that I was protecting this little human, and all the devils nearby tried to lure her into having contracts with them but she had one answer 'if I ever decide to do that, only Bada can have me'

They thought I was having a mutual relationship with this girl but there was nothing going on between us. I just saw myself to her, so focused on her goal. I believe we all have a purpose in life.