Hold My Hand (D.W)

A meeting was organized where former graduates of my university would come together. Even though I didn't really want to go because I spent my university years alone, trusting the wrong people, and thinking about these memories still hurt me sometimes, I couldn't resist the insistence of my friend Elly, whom I hadn't seen in a long time. This was because I travel a lot with my boyfriend Dean and his brother Sam. 

     When I arrived that evening, everything seemed fine at first, but over time, everyone found their own group, and I was left alone again. Even Elly was deep in conversation with her boyfriend and his friends. I played with my glass, just looking around, when Bella, who was from the group I had the misfortune of being in during my first years of university, came up to me. She grinned sarcastictly and said, "Ah, Y/N, it's been so long since we haven't seen each other, right? How's it going?"     

      I forced a smile and replied, "Fine."   

      "Are you still single?"  she asked.  "You know, back then, when we all had boyfriends, you were on your own."  she said with a laugh. I had a hard time restraining myself from punching her in the face.  

       "I'm not, Bella. I didn't know you were so worried about me being alone."         

       She waved her hand slightly in the air, "I was just wondering. I hope you're not with an imaginary man. What do you do by the way? I mean, I guess you're not still involved in counseling, I don't hear much about you."   

     I bit my lip, "I work as a consultant for a private detective company."   What I actually did was join Dean and Sam's hunt and help them find the clues they needed.  

    "Really! I thought you were going to pursue an academic career. Life must have upset you." she said smiling. 

     "Plans have changed. I'm doing a job that makes me happier." 

   "How nice."   Bella replied, but there was no trace of satisfaction in her voice. I didn't want to ask her what she was doing. However, at that moment, Elly came to my aid and I took a deep breath.

      I secretly texted my boyfriend Dean under the table, "Can you come and pick me up from here? Please..."   I hoped Dean was nearby because we had agreed on a later time to meet. But I could only last here for 1 hour.

       It took him a few minutes to respond to my message.  "I'm on my way. Are you okay?"  Due to our job, there were moments when we were on guard every minute. Therefore, I could guess that the message I sent had alarmed him.   "I'm fine. I just can't stand this."     I wrote it as an answer.   "I'll be there in twenty minutes."

         Exactly twenty minutes later my phone started ringing. It was Dean calling. "I am coming."        I said as soon as I answered the phone. 

          "Wait for me, I'm coming to you."   "Dean!"     "No objection." 

         Before I couldn't answer, Dean had already entered the cafe where the meeting was held, phone to his ear.   

      "Where are you ?"  he asked from the phone, searching for me with his eyes. "I'm just to your left."    

         When he looked where I said, he smiled and said, "I'm coming to you."   I laughed and rolled my eyes, "Just hang up the phone."   He winked at me, hung up the phone and came to me.

       "You're okay, aren't you?"    I nodded slowly, "I'm fine. I just felt so alone."   "Then let's get out of here."   He reached out and took my hand.

         And at that moment, Bella appeared next to me once again. "Oh, Y/N, are you leaving? And without introducing me to this handsome man next to you!"    I tugged on Dean's hand nervously. This was enough to tell him that it was this woman who was bothering me.  

       "Hi, I'm Bella Kelce."  she said, extending his hand, "I was starting to think that Y/N was trying to deceive us with her imaginary lover."  

         Dean shook the outstretched hand.  "Dean Winchester. If you'll excuse us, we have one more place to get to."  he said coldly.    "Oh, of course I won't keep you any longer."   I knew Bella well enough to understand that she was unsatisfied. I had a hard time not laughing.

                                                                         *TO BE CONTİNUED*