Paradise on earth

A/N it WONT LET ME UPLOAD PICTURES I'm getting so annoying I'm adding my pictures and there not going into the chapter 😤

Where the pouges and our mission this summer is to have a good time all the time

The Outer Banks, Paradise on Earth.

It's the sort of place where you either have two jobs or two houses. Two tribes, one island. All right, This is Figure Eight, the rich side of the island, Home of the Kooks, So, guess where we don't live.

And then, this is the south side or the cut.
Home of the working class who make a living busing tables, washing yachts, running charters.
The natural habitat of... drumroll, please... the Pogues, that's us.

Lowest member of the food chain. So, the downside of Pogue life is we're ignored and neglected.

But the upside of Pogue life? We're ignored and neglected, which means we do whatever we want, whenever we want. ✌🏽

That's JJ, my best friend since the third grade.

He's about as local as they come.
Latest in a long line of fishing, drinking, smuggling, vendetta-holding salt-lifers who made their living off the water.

Best surfer I know. Just don't tell him I said that.
Mild kleptomaniac and a future tax cheat.

And that's Kiara, or Kie, as we call her.

When not saving turtles or listening to Marley, or getting a dolphin tattoo, she hangs out with us.

I'm not really sure why, though.
So, she's a rich kid, actually.
Foot in both worlds.
Her family owns The Wreck, this Outer Banks institution, total cash cow with the tourists.

You know, I'm not really sure how her parents feel about us, we all have a thing for her.

And that's Pope, the brains of the operation... finalist for the Lucas T. Vanderhorst Merit Scholarship.

And the smartest person I know, Little bit of a weirdo. His father's this legendary character, Heyward, anything you wanted on the island, Heyward could get for you.

Now, I'm not sure Heyward knew what to make of his oddball son, but it didn't matter. He was a Pogue, just like the rest of us.

And that's me, John Booker Routledge.

And this is where I live.
An old fish shack on the marsh. The Château, as my dad used to call it.

There's Dad.
He disappeared at sea nine months ago, looking for a shipwreck, Who disappears at sea these days?

I miss him, and then there's Mom, She split when I was three, last I heard, she was in Colorado, I think it was Colorado.

That's Uncle T, since Dad's vanished, he's supposedly my legal guardian, at the moment, he's in Mississippi, building houses...which means it's just me right now, on my own, hangin' out with my friends.

Three months after my dad was missing, he was officially presumed dead, I refused to sign the papers.

Until I see a body, I'm not giving up.

That's the pogues, now there might be a few kooks I'll need to introduce you to.

That right there is the kook prince and the absolute bane of our lives, Rafe Cameron, eldest of the Cameron siblings and son to the 2nd wealthiest family on figure 8, he lives for parties, golf, the country club and girls.

Then we have the Second youngest sibling, That's Sarah Cameron. Kook princess.

Kiara's best friend in the ninth grade, worst enemy in the tenth grade.
I work on her dad's boats, so, you know, I've seen her around.

Then that's Topper, her not so pleasant boyfriend.

Topper actually thinks Pogues were bred to mow lawns, he and Rafe like to hold hands around figure 8 in there little group.

And that right there is Honey Barnes Born a kook will die a kook but also likes Pogues, especially one pouge, the richest girl on the island, her dads the director of the FBI having worked his way up in the chain for years and her mum well no job title fits, I mean she likes art, wine and loves being anywhere but home.

Honey is the kook princes, if you've got working eyes in your head it's kinda hard to ignore her looks, her beauty, her body... hey I'm just a guy👐🏽 but even though she runs the island on that side, she's probably the nicest and funniest girl your ever going to come across anddd she Throws the CRAZIEST parties you've ever seen I mean they have there own name " project x " believe it or not me and the gang get to attend... all thanks to JJ.

I don't even know when they started hooking up but next thing you know JJ and Honey started sharing beds almost every night, at first it was a shock, we were the only people who knew and even though we hated the kooks honeys parties weren't ones to be missed, she couldn't control what went on outside her door but when we're in her house with the kooks no one dare bother us which was a bonus.

I mean this girl lives in the biggest mansion on Figure 8 and has a never-ending trust fund, is rich enough to have unlimited drugs and booze flowing although I don't know how she dares with who her dad is... she's kinda known for not giving a fuck about anything.

I don't know if it's why she and JJ get on but she looks, acts and breaths like her life's perfection when I know JJ had slipped up a couple of times about her parents and the effects they had on her, they were no shows 99% of the time, in fact, make that 100%, she basically lives alone in a mansion with her cook as a friend and anytime she does hear from her parents it's always her dad she seeks value from, our parents told us it's no secret on the island he was disappointed when he found out he was having a girl, he was kind of old school wanting a son to " carry on the family name" and all that bs.

But that's the island and the interesting people on it, I gotta go it's the boneyard party tonight and then honeys summer opening party tomorrow ... Project X style.