Chapter 1

Darry's P.O.V.

I knew I needed to try something new, start a new life as I sat in the living room. It was so quiet I could hear the clock ticking and the mice in the ceiling. It didn't feel right.

Sodapop moved out with his new girlfriend Elora and Ponyboy left with Abby since I was too hard on him after Soda left. The boys still come around but not as much since Dally and Johnny died and the rest of the gang found girlfriends, at least they only lasted for a little bit and now all they care about is fucking a new girl before leaving them.

I haven't had to go to work as much since I only needed to support myself so the empty house got to me more and more.

I didn't cry when my parents died but everything started getting to me, the silent house, no parents, my own brothers moving out, I was all alone, I started crying myself to sleep some nights.

I didn't know if starting new would help or make things worse. I mean, maybe it would get my mind off things.

I groaned, getting up and walking to my room. I was just going to sleep on the idea. I laid in bed, pulling the covers over me, tossing and turning.

It was quiet.. Too quiet. I pulled the blankets off of me, grabbing a random bag I had and I packed clothes and other stuff I needed in it. I grabbed more and more bags, packing all my clothes and most of the stuff from my room.

I left my room, grabbing stuff from the kitchen, living room, and just anything else I could grab.

I finally broke. I was going to leave Tulsa.

Delany's P.O.V

I had just finished doing a salsa dance with my annoying partner and he kept following me when I was leaving.

"C'mon babe.. I know you want me." He said, a cocky smile on his face.

"Piss off David." I scoffed, walking into my room, slamming the door in his face before I went to my room, taking my dress off and changing into a short, black, tight fitted dress. I fixed up my makeup before I changed into my black heels and I went up to the staff only area, praying I wouldn't run into David.

I saw Danny and I walked over to him, taking his beer and taking a sip. He pushed the girl off him, (who was just a slutty worker who only came for dirty dancing and sex) wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"You did good tonight. Is David still being a dick?" He asked, slightly swaying to the music with me.

"When is he not?" I mumbled, taking the last sip of his beer, setting it on the table near us.

"You owe me a new beer." He smirked, tightly pressing my body against his.

"Mm.. it was my treat." I softly smiled, running my hands through his hair.

"You're lucky I love you." He whispered in my ear, spinning me around so my back was pressed against him and one of his hands tightly gripped my waist.

Me and Danny weren't dating, we were just best friends. I mean yeah, we've slept together a few times.. Maybe more than a few but that was it.

Danny was too much of a player to actually date but to be honest I would dirty dance with other people but that was after a couple drinks and we never did anything other than dirty dance.

I giggled, keeping my arms around his neck, one of my hands sliding down and resting on his chest.

"You should learn to salsa or mambo. I would rather have you as a partner and after we could always come back up and do our own thing." I said, turning back around and grinding my body against his to the beat of the music.

"I don't know dela." He sighed, one of his hands pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Just think about it." I softly smiled, kissing his cheek.

He nodded, smiling back before his grip on me tightened and we continued to dance to the music, every song after another.

I've had a couple of beers so I was stumbling slightly. Danny was bringing me up to my little cabin and I was tightly holding onto him as I tried not to fall, laughing every time I tripped.

"Stay with me?" I asked, grabbing a tank top and pajama pants.

"I don't know. You know how this stuff ends up, especially when you're drunk." He sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

"Pleaseeeee." I pouted, pulling my pants under my dress.

"Dela." He said, looking down at me

I continued to pout, unclipping my bra and throwing it somewhere before I turned around. It's not like he hasn't seen me naked before but it was still awkward changing in front of someone.

I felt his warm hands on my waist, softly kissing my shoulder.

"I'll stay." He whispered in my ear, tightening his grip on me. I immediately smiled, slowly pulling my tank top on and turning back around, wrapping my arms around him.

"You're warm." I softly whispered, laying my head on his chest, sighing.

"You're cold." He chuckled, rubbing my back. I nodded, letting go of him and laying in my bed. We were only given full size mattresses so I patted my chest, wanting him to come lay with me.

"You're so needy." He smiled, crawling into the bed and laying on top of me and laying his head on my chest.

I ran my fingers through his hair, wrapping my legs around his, tightly holding onto him.

"Don't strangle me." He laughed, wrapping his arms around my waist tightly, kissing the top of my chest.

"Sorry." I giggled, burying my face into his hair.

"Night Danny." I whispered, yawning as my eyes fluttered shut, cuddling up with him.

"Night Dela." He sighed, resting his head back on my chest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Unedited- 1020 words