Chapter 71: Exclusive Skill, [Overwrite] (1)

Start from the beginning

As I boldly faced Anna's gaze face-on, I watched her eye gradually light up with a blood red, indicating the activation of her <Great Demon's Eye>.

"You appear not to have grasped the situation."

An air of intimidation that came with the activation of the eye spread out into the room.

"I am the one to ask questions here, and you are to answer. You are our prisoner."

How do I go through this conversation quickly?

"Then you should know that what I have spoken is the truth."

[Anna Croft has activated her 'Great demon's eye' to see through truth, and 'Lie Detection' lv. 6.]

[Your words have been proven true.]

Anna Croft jerked her head in disbelief. However, she soon re-established her sense of calm.

"You haven't answered my questions yet."

"There isn't much time for that."

"..."

I eased off a little.

"Look, how about I just prove myself with my actions? If I can dissolve the threat, then will you trust me?"

With a sweep over my figure with Anna Croft's <Great Demon's Eye>, she fell silent in contemplation.

"...and how will you go about it?"

I didn't remember, but I felt like the time it took for this conversation was the same as the last attempt.

"It entails you giving me back my bag of items first. There's one inside that may help with the undead attack. Besides that, I would also need to not have restraints on me."

Anna Croft narrowed her eyes.

It sounded like an excuse to escape from another's perspective.

"You can even use familial subordination on me if you're not convinced." I sighed.

In response, Anna looked at me momentarily like I had a screw loose in my head.

"I mean, if you feed me your blood, I can recover more quickly as well."

Yes, it is the familial subordination which is triggered when someone of lower status drinks Anna Croft's blood. In the [Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint], this is what Anna had used on Selena.

The person under familial subordination would be bound to Anna's absolute orders.

However, the [Avatar] skill was really OP. It would allow a loophole to occur if I ever wished to escape the contract by sacrificing the body that was bound to familial subordination while I slipped my main consciousness into another.

Of course, that was under the premise that Anna Croft never found out about my [Avatar] skill.

But I wasn't bothered about how I would escape from it, because...

"Strange...I don't find anything that extraordinary about you." Anna Croft mumbled, her <Great Demon's Eye> whirring away.

「*Due to your sponsor's authority, some of your information will be hidden from others.」

Anna redirected her gaze to my face, "But you have no name?"

"Yes, I don't have one. You can refer to me however you like." I replied.

With a mix between a scoff and a chuckle, Anna shook her head and finally said,

"Fine, I'll call you 'Apostle' for now."