Chapter 71: Exclusive Skill, [Overwrite] (1)

Here I was, once again, in a blank space where there were only a myriad of mirrors before me.

Finally, I stood up from the stool, and approached the mirror housing another 'me'. It was just one of the mirrors of the many.

My hands reached out and touched the cool surface, and the other 'me' through the mirror did the same, our palms mirroring each other.

That was when I noticed.

This time, I was looking out from the mirror, and they were looking in.

.

.

.

[Sorrowful Heart of Silver is worriedly looking at you.]

[The constellation, Secretive Plotter, is finding your existence intriguing.]

"Gasp!" I woke up, breaking out in cold sweat, my head throbbing so intensely I thought it would explode.

"I see you are awake. Welcome." A woman coldly uttered two lines from the entrance.

Confusion flashed through my eyes as I listened to the familiar AI-generated voice speak those familiar words.

Deja vu?

My head tilted upward toward the entrance, limbs straining against the restraints.

Where was I this time?

Many messy images and dialogue revolved around my mind, leaving disorientation in its wake. The scenes, like the powdered wings of a moth creating afterimages to any discerning echolocation, made my memory appear to have no beginning and no end.

"You are..." My hoarse voice passed through chapped lips, extinguishing as I reached the end.

"Anna Croft."

I see. So this is the point of time I have come to. It appears that I gained enough probability last time...

...so how many times has it been?

I don't remember.

"I can tell you have a lot of-"

"Anna." I willed myself to speak even as my throat was suffocating from dryness, cutting Anna off.

In response, Anna Croft appeared momentarily taken aback from being interrupted, but soon carried on,

"It appears you recognize me."

I paused, and then slowly nodded my head.

"Then I shall make things quick."

With a snap of her fingers, Anna Croft isolated the room from the outside.

"What 'round' did you come from? How much do you know about the future?" Anna Croft was asking this with a solemn expression.

If anyone heard of the only prophet to survive in [Three Ways to Survive in a Ruined World] and [Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint] ask about the future, they would find it laughable.

Well, ex-prophet.

Thinking of this, I couldn't help the corner of my lips quirking up.

"What is so funny?" Anna's voice grated my ears like ice, clearly spelling the owner's mood to my reaction.

I flattened my lips and attempted to clear my throat.

"Nothing. I just think we should skip this conversation. It'll be better for your interests if we spend our time preparing for the undead attack instead."