Chapter 1: Cars

"Stretching out my arms. Driving in my car. Thinking bout' my life, but not too hard"

~"Cars" The Honeysticks and Ricky Montgomery

Gus POV:

I wake up and realize it's the first day of 10th grade. I get up and start to get ready for school.

My dad calls me downstairs for breakfast. I get downstairs and see my dad.

"Good morning, son" he says in a chipper tone.

"Hey, dad." I say.

"Are you ready for your first day of 10th grade?" my dad asks.

"Yeah, it will probably be no different than any other year."

"Who knows, it could be different."

*    *    *    *

I walk outside and start walk to school. On the way I see my friend Luz, who I have known for years, walking with her girlfriend Amity.

"Gus, my dude. How you doing?" Luz says.

"Hey, guys. And I'm good." I say.   

"How are you guys."

"We are great. Well at least I am." Luz says.

"Why what's wrong?" I ask pointing toward Amity.

"I'm just nervous." Amity says.

"It will be fine Sweet Potato." Luz says to her girlfriend.

"Yeah guess, it will be." Amity says.

*    *    *    *

When we get to the school, I see Willow and she starts walking up to me.

"Willow!" I yell when I see her because she has been on a trip with her dads for the past 3 weeks.

"Gus!" she shouts.

"How was your trip?" I ask Willow.

"Not fun. My dads were trying to teach me stuff the whole time" Willow says rolling her eyes.

"Man, that really sucks." I say. "Anyways what lunch do you have Willow?" I ask her.

"Umm, I have second lunch. What about you." she says.

"I have first."

"Really well at least well will see each other after school." Willow says.

"Crap, the bell is about to ring." I say.

"Really, well we better get going. See you later."

*    *    *    *

I get to my class and see the teacher assigning seats. But I don't really care because I don't even know anyone in this class.

"What's your name, hon?" the teacher asks me.

"August Porter." I say.

"Alrighty then go sit right there 2 rows from the back." she says.

 I walk to my seat and sit down.

Then I see a boy. The prettiest boy I have ever seen in my life walk to where I'm sitting. He has brown hair and light brown eyes. He has on a black cropped shirt and baggy black pants with a sliver chain on the belt loop. His nails are painted black. His ears are pierced. He is the most perfect looking person I have ever seen. 

I literally could not stop thinking about this idea for this AU and I'm really excited to keep writing this. I love you and Rember to drink water.