𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰 - 𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆

(Sorry for not updating for two days, I was very busy 😭)

「𝑵𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒚'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗」

10:28, the clock indicated. I had been awake for barely 10 minutes after somehow sleeping through my alarm. At least I didn't have anything important to do today.

As I ate breakfast, rather late, I told myself I could go take a walk around town instead of staying inside all day. After all, it'd be a good idea to get familiar with the town I now lived in. After eating breakfast and doing my usual morning routine, I checked the weather outside and decided to put on a coat, considering it was Fall and the weather outside was starting to get colder at this time of year. I slipped on my shoes and headed downstairs, out of the apartment building.

Once I was finally outside, I took a deep breath of the fresh morning air, starting my walk right here. I didn't really come across anyone on my walk until I reached the park. Even there, there were only a few people walking by every now and then.

As if running into him at the apartment almost every day wasn't enough, I saw Francis in the distance. Well, it was always good to have a friend around.

« Hey, Francis! Are you not working today? » I asked him, smiling as I stopped next to him, stopping him in his tracks.

He turned to look at me and smiled back. « No, I have a day off today. » Francis told me, running a hand through his hair. « Taking a walk? » He then asked me.

I nodded in answer to his question. « Yeah, I was walking around town, getting familiar with my surroundings.. » I said, chuckling quietly.

He nodded briefly before we both started walking, talking about random things, especially about the recent murder in the apartment. Turns out it was Albertsky Peachman who was the victim... We walked in the park, losing track of time as we talked, getting to know one another better, telling each other why we moved at the apartment and such.

« So, that's the reason I moved.. » I finished our earlier conversation, glancing at the man next to me after explaining.

« Well.. you didn't choose the best town to move, but I'm glad you found a place to stay. » He said, shrugging his shoulders and laughing.

I couldn't suppress the chuckle that escaped my mouth. He had a contagious laugh, honestly. « Yeah.. » I said, looking ahead of ourselves.

« Do you think there are some weird doppelgangers of myself too out there? » I suddenly asked, breaking the silence that had settled, but being a bit random asking this.

Francis turned his head to look at me with a raised eyebrow. « What do you mean? » He asked me.

I looked at him as well. « Well, you know... there's a doppelganger of yourself, the hoon man... or like Angus with a super long neck like the last time, remember? Do you think there's a doppelganger of me with weird features like this, too? » I asked, amused but kinda scared at the thought of having a doppelganger roaming around town, pretending to be me.

Francis shrugged briefly. « Probably... they can copy anyone's appearance. We'll never know until we come across one. » He answered my question as we continued walking.

« With Henry as the doorman, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up having two me's in the building. » I added, both Francis and I laughing.

...
(Another short chapter, I apologize 🙏)