Reunited

"No, I identify as a Walmart bag!" Julyan teased. Becca rolled her eyes. "Ugh, Julyan, you're such a dingleberry!" Harper snapped.

That made me snicker. We were all at recess, playing hide and seek. Or at least, that's what Becca said. I was lied to... again. "Leah!" someone called. It turned out to be Jack, Raf and Miko waving for me to come.

"Leah, c'mon!" Julyan reminded me.

"Julyan," I replied. "Can I hang out with them?"

"Fine."

I ran to my other friends. "What's up?" Miko grinned. "Our bots are picking us up!"                               

"This early?"

"Yep!" Raf replied. "We can't let them wait!" 

"Guys, gotta go!" I reminded Maleah, Julyan, Becca and Harper. They waved goodbyes and my other friends and I darted off to our classroom to get our backpacks and lunchboxes. Once we got that done, we all raced to the front staircase.

There were three vehicles-- Jack's motorcycle, Arcee, Miko's car, Bulkhead, and Raf's car, Bumblebee. I hung my head, because there was no one to pick me up. 

But things took a turn when I heard another car pull up. When I looked, I couldn't believe my eyes. I'd recognize that look anywhere! The silver horns, the red paint!

"Who's that?" Jack asked. I smiled brightly. "That's Cliffjumper! My guardian! He's back!" Everyone blinked their lights for us to get in or on. Cliffjumper's door opened and I leaped right in.

"Leah, been a while," Cliffjumper chuckled. 

"Wait, how'd you know my name?"

"Optimus told me. Sorry I didn't show up at the base, I was on a solo mission." I didn't blame Cliffjumper for his absence. The door closed, the seatbelt clicked into place around me, and we drove off. I didn't expect it to come to this-- I was ecstatic.

I finally had a guardian.