Prologue

A/N So before we kick off I just wanted to say that this story contains sexual content so if you're not okay with it please feel free not to read it. It also contains a lot of mentions of death and depression.

Also, this story was inspired by RubyLouise19 (no idea why this shit ain't tagging) story called Legacy, so if you haven't read her story I strongly recommend you to do so.

Although I'm fluent in English, German, and Romanian, please note that my French isn't perfect, and don't get me started about my Italian, I'm trying but bear with me.

Now enjoy the story, and feel free to spam in the comments.

Luca Schneider was a five-time world champion racing under the German flag mostly for Scuderia Ferrari, and McLaren, he won his championships in the years: 1998, 1999, 2005, 2006, and 2009.

He was an amazing and loving father to two beautiful girls: Maria and Sophie, he was a beloved friend.

The entire world loved and admired him he was truly: The F1 legend.

That was until 2010 when the thirty-five-year-old came crashing into a wall at over 200 km an hour. To say that that day the world stood still is an understatement. It was a tragedy. And not only to the world but also to his daughters Maria and Sophie Schneider.

Maria Schneider was 12 at that time, watching the race as it all went down. She still remembers that day like it was yesterday.

The way the car immediately busted into flames.

The way she heard her father's screams in the car, as time stood still, no one being able to do something.

The way Michael hugged her and covered her eyes so the twelve-year-old couldn't see the tragedy happening right in front of her eyes. But she didn't have to see it, hearing it was gut-wrenching enough.

The way her entire world came crashing down just like that in a matter of seconds.

''We're sorry there's nothing we could've done.'' That sentence was running rent-free in her brain, remembering how she broke down hearing it. Remembering the pain she felt at it. Remembering how everyone around her broke down.

That day left a hole in that girl's heart.

She had no one to take care of her after that: Her mother never being around, never loving her, never caring about her, never even bothering to show up to at least one of her races.

And her beloved uncles were always on track racing. Even though they tried to be there for her, she was beyond thankful that they were always giving their best.

But she knew there was someone she had to protect from the crucial world, protect her from all the pain she had to go through: Her little sister. The little girl who barely had the time to meet her father, and with a mother who didn't love her, who didn't want to hear anything from her. Maria always tried to be there for her, shelter her, and give her the warmth and love her father used to give her. But she couldn't always be there, they both knew it. She was a racing car driver always on the road.

But she knew that her sister was in good hands with the Schumacher family, the family who became more of a family to her over the years than her mother could ever. The family was always there for her, never missing a race. Always being there when her uncles couldn't be when her brother Lewis couldn't be.

She had met Lewis in 2008, the year he had become the world champion. She remembers the day like it was yesterday. She remembers being lost around the padlock and somehow making her way from the Ferrari garage to the Mercedes one. That's when she met the world champion.

He took care of her and waited for Luca to pick her up as the half German half Romanian girl softly fell asleep in his arms, exhausted from the long day. That day they had a connection. They both knew that they had gained a new sibling. That day he listened to the 10-year-old girl talk about beating his ass and becoming a world champion too. he remembers hearing her talk about making F1 history.

And she did.

2018 she signed her F1 contract, for Mercedes. The first woman ever to do so. She only had one goal: Making fucking history. Racing too under the German flag, just like her father did.