𝘁𝘄𝗼.

LEMONS CAKE
- 2. Birth Day

As a sharp pain rushed trough her body, Clara sat up straight in bed in the middle of the night

As a sharp pain rushed trough her body, Clara sat up straight in bed in the middle of the night. Trying to breath the pain away with one hand on her belly, she reached for Nick with the other, shaking him away.

Nick was always in a deep sleep, so simply shaking him awake had little to no effect on him. Usually she would have pushed him out of bed. Yet she didn't have the strength for that anymore. She than decided to remove her second hand from her husband and placed it on her belly as well. Waiting for the pain to go away.

The pain went away after a few minutes, yet that didn't have the calming effect on her as she had hoped. Knowing that she wasn't able to get Nick to wake up, Clara decided to slip into her house shoes and carefully make her way from the garage to the main house.

The young woman entered the house trough the kitchen, seeming as the door was closer to the garage than the main entrance. As she continued towards the living room, a sharp pain rushed trough her body again just as she reached the hall way. Followed by something warm running down her legs.

Screaming so loud that the whole town could have heard her, Clara sank to the floor. Not even trying to hold onto the railing of the stairs. "Clara?", he uncles voices reached her in the distance. Her vision became blurry, the last person she saw before everything turned black being her uncle picking her up from the floor.

🌙🌙🌙

"What?" Noticing Nick stating at her trough the rearview mirror, Clara wrinkled her nose as she send him a playful smile. The twins were occupied with their toys, so Nick took the opportunity to let his right hand slide back to his wife in order for her to squeeze it. "I still cannot believe we'll have an other child.", Nick stated, thinking the twins weren't paying attention to them.

"Me neither.", the blonde agreed. "It still feels like yesterday when we first met the twins." Her smile faded, as her other hand moved to her belly. "We'll be needing a place of our own soon." "You're right. Commander Waterfords house.."

"That's not what I mean.", Clara interrupted him. "If the new handmaid doesn't have a child soon, I'm afraid of what Serena may do. You don't know her as I do. You weren't there during her campaigns. You don't have a single clue of what she's capable of."

Nicks smile faded as well. He didn't know what Serena Joy was truly capable of. Especially if her dream of having her own child wasn't fulfilled. The blonde hated how much the Commander adored his niece and her children. How much attention he gave them. The way he showered the three of them with gifts. That was supposed to be her.