𝘅𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶 | 𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗲𝗻𝗱

Începe de la început

Hagrid turned and hurried back to his cabin, his face buried in his handkerchief.

'Look at him blubber!' Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle had been standing just inside the castle doors, listening. 'Have you ever seen anything quite as pathetic?' Malfoy said. 'And he's supposed to be our teacher!'

Harry and Ron both made furious moves towards Malfoy, Gwen reached for her wand, but Hermione got there first.

There was a loud smack and Malfoy staggered backwards. She had just slapped Malfoy around the face with all the strength she could muster.

Gwen, Harry, Ron, Crabbe and Goyle stood flabbergasted as Hermione raised her hand again.

'Don't you dare call Hagrid pathetic, you foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach--!'

'Hermione!' Ron said, somewhat half heartedly, as he tried to grab her hand as she swung it back again.

'Get off, Ron!'

Hermione pulled out her wand; Ron looked to Gwen for help, who shrugged, smirking, sending him a look that said, 'She's got this.' Malfoy stumbled backwards. Crabbe and Goyle looked at him for instructions, thoroughly bewildered.

'Come on,' Malfoy muttered, and the next moment, the three of them had disappeared into the passageway to the dungeons.

'Blimey, Hermione,' Gwen said, unable to suppress her grin. Hermione's face was red with fury. Harry and Ron were looking at her, half stunned, half impressed.

'Harry, Gwen, you'd better beat him in the Quidditch Final!' Hermione said shrilly, breathing harshly. 'You just better because I can't stand it if Slytherin win!'

'We're due in Charms,' said Ron, still goggling at Hermione. 'We'd better go.'

They hurried up the marble staircase towards Professor Flitwick's classroom.

'You're late!' Professor Flitwick said reprovingly as Harry opened the classroom door. 'Come along, quickly, wands out, we're experimenting with Cheering Charms today. We've already divided into pairs--'

Gwen, Harry and Ron hurried to their usual seats, Gwen taking her place next to Lisa Turpin who greeted her warmly. She looked around for Hermione, who usually sat in front of them next to Padma Patil, but she was not there. Gwen stared around, bewildered, catching Harry and Ron's gazes who were sharing the same sentiment.

'Where's Hermione?' she mouthed, and the boys shrugged. Gwen knew she had been next to them when they entered, but the seat next to Padma Patil remained empty. Perhaps she had gone to the bathroom. Gwen and Lisa listened to Professor Flitwick, and began their Cheering Charms with the rest of the class, but Hermione did not turn up all lesson.

'She could have done with a Cheering Charm on her,' said Ron as he, Gwen and Harry regrouped after the class, which were now all grinning broadly and left with a great feeling of content after they'd had their Cheering Charms cast.

Hermione wasn't at lunch either, and by the time Gwen, Harry and Ron had finished their desserts, the Cheering Charms were wearing off and they were beginning to get worried.

'You don't think Malfoy did something to her?' said Ron anxiously as they hurried up the stairs to Gryffindor Tower.

'He hasn't got the balls,' Gwen said firmly, although she too had her concerns.

They passed the security trolls, gave the Fat Lady the password, and scrambled through the portrait hole into the common room.

Hermione was sitting at a table, fast asleep, her head resting on an open Arithmancy book. They went to sit down around her table, and Harry prodded her awake.