The bell rings and I start packing up, ready to leave the classroom as I hear Ms. Anderson call after me.

"Emily, can I talk to you for a second?" she asks, her voice carrying a hint of concern.

"Yeah, what's up?" I approach her desk, bracing myself for whatever she has to say.

"I noticed you weren't really paying attention," she remarks, leaning against her desk, arms crossed. She looks impeccable as always, dressed in jeans and a white blouse.

"I guess I haven't slept well," I reply, not really wanting to open up about it.

"I've also noticed you always wear long sleeves, even when it's hot outside," she observes, her tone softening, eyes filled with understanding.

"Well- I- I just- get sunburned easily." I stammer, struggling to come up with an excuse. Ms. Anderson nods, but the look on her face tells me she doesn't believe me.

"Can you promise me something, Emily?" she asks, her voice now even softer.

"Sure," I respond cautiously, unsure of what she'll ask.

"Promise me you'll let me know the next time you get sunburned," she says looking at me with pleading eyes, and I know she knows.

"I can't make that promise. I would be lying." I admit, looking down, desperate to escape this conversation.

"Then can you at least promise me you'll try?" she asks gently.

"Alright," I nod, gesturing toward the door. "May I leave now?" I ask, eager to put an end to this uncomfortable interaction.

"Yes, you may." She nods and gives me a small smile. It's hurts seeing she's hurt by this. That's why I don't tell people. I don't want them to worry about me. I can't bear the thought of them seeing me as fragile, as if I'm on the verge of breaking at any moment.

I leave the classroom and immediately call my mom. I can't stand being here a moment longer. She assures me she'll be here soon, so I head outside and wait for her to arrive. As soon as she's here I step inside and go in for a hug. She doesn't say anything, she just hugs me back.

It's a quiet drive home, and once we're there I go to my room and grab a book. My mind is going all sorts of places I don't want it to go, so I hope a book will do the trick.

I've started 'Good Girl, Bad Bood' which is the sequel to 'A Good Girls Guide To Murder'. It takes me away for a while and I'm actually enjoying it. As I finish it, I'm ready to start the third book, but my thoughts are now louder then the words I'm reading. I sit up and stare at the floor. I have to get out of here. I know I won't be able to ignore this for much longer if I stay in my room, or even in this house.

I go downstairs and tell my mom im going on a walk. Initially hesitant, but when she sees the look in my eyes, she nods and asks if I have my phone with me, which I have.

I have to clear my mind and that won't happen in my room where it all happened. I start walking without knowing where im going. I just walk and let my feet take me, while I try clearing my mind.
After a while it's getting dark and I stop to look around. I stand in front of a house that looks vaguely familiar, but I'm not able to place right now. I see a shadow behinds the curtains, before someone opens them and sees me.

Somehow I ended up in front of Ms. Anderson's house and I want to run as far away as possible before she's outside, but I'm frozen in place and can't move my feet.

"What are you doing here, Emily?" she asks, concern evident in her voice.

"I don't really know. I'm sorry, I'll go," I say, only realizing now that tears are streaming down my face.