school!

༄ "𝐌𝐘 𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐘, 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐈 𝐃𝐎 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔?"

I slammed my locker door shut. "Xander, can you not do that?" My day had already started out horrible— between me having to walk to school and forgetting my charger— and I didn't feel like Xanderness right now.

"Fine." Xander cleared his throat. "Jameson here, will you talk to me now? Or maybe even.." he puckered his lips and made kissing noises, to which I groaned.

"Stop that!"

"Well, if you do happen to see my MIA brother, tell him I found something." Xander gave me a knowing look, but I didn't give in. "Also, we should have a Hawthorne Sleepover this Friday. Haven't done that in a while."

My mind worked through all the things I had to do this week until I reached Friday. That was..

Emily's memorial.

"Xander." He knew what it was.

"It'll make the day a little easier for everyone!" he reasoned. As much as I appreciated his attempts, there was no way I would ever trap myself in a room with Rebecca, Jameson, and Grayson for a whole night.

Especially on that day.

"I'll think about it," I said, but there was nothing to think about. Not really.

"That's my Lizzie." The bell rang, and Xander said a quick goodbye before skipping down the hallway. I had one goal on my mind: go to class.

But my heart was telling me to GO FIND JAMESON.

Why am I skipping class for him?

"The roof, again?" Jameson Hawthorne was sat on the roof with a beer bottle in hand. "Don't you do anything else?"

"What do you suggest?" Jameson looked at me with that jameson-like smirk, and my face heated up. He knew the right buttons to push with me.

"Going to class." I took a seat next to him, making sure our knees didn't touch. He still made the effort to knock his against mine.

"I didn't see you after the game yesterday." Noooo. This was what I was avoiding. "Where'd you and Avery sneak off to?" Jameson stared at me.

"We had girl talk." That wasn't a lie. We talked shit on all things Hawthorne the entire night. "Which is something you are not apart of."

"I'm so offended." Jameson rolled his eyes. "Grayson and me found something."

That peaked my interest. "What? On this whole Tobias money hunt?" Jameson let out a small laugh.

"You could call it that." He took a swig at the vodka bottle he was holding. The smell wafted in the air. "It's about his dad. You know, the one Skye Hawthorne never let us meet?"

"Are you serious?" For as long as i'd known them, none of the Hawthorne brothers had met their real fathers, let alone known a name. "This is huge, Jamie!"

Jameson smiled. "You haven't called me that in a while," he pointed out. Red rushed to my cheeks as soon as I'd realized what I did. Oops.

"That's not the point."

"Say it again, but softer." Jameson smirked and I smacked his arm, causing him to yelp. "Jesus! It was a joke."

"Get your mind out of the gutter, Hawthorne." But I'm not sure mine was out of it.

"Okay, well, I was thinking." Jameson put the vodka bottle down and shifted his body around to fully face me. "Maybe you could come with Grayson and me? I think we could use someone to keep the peace."

"And i'm the best option?"

He got me there. "You're always the best option, Lizzie." Don't freak out. Don't freak out. Don't—

"Lizzie? What are you doing out here?" Rebecca's voice came from behind me, and I snapped my head around to see her walking toward us.

She was going to think I had been drinking with Jameson up here and skipping class!

I was.

"Hi, um, sis?" Jameson laughed from behind me.

Rebecca shook her head at me. "What is wrong with you? Skipping class? I've been looking everywhere for you—" she paused, eyeing Jameson, "what is going on here?"

"Everything PG," Jameson said.

"What?—"

"Nothing is going on," I said, glaring at Jameson. He frowned. I focused my gaze on Rebecca and stood up. "Though, I might need a favor."

I can't believe I was actually going to do this.

"Do you think you could convince Lottie to let me go with Jameson and Grayson to an unknown area— but one that is totally safe—for a day or two?"

Rebecca stared blankly at me. "Are you serious?"

"Listen," Jameson said while standing up, "she'll be with us. Come on, it's Lizzie, we would never do anything to hurt her. Or let anybody else!"

As he was slurring his words.

Rebecca sighed, running a hand through her auburn hair. "I'm sure Lottie or Andrew won't care, but, I do." OUCH. "You have to promise me you'd be back before Emily's memorial on friday."

"We wouldn't miss that." Jameson beat me to it.

Rebecca didn't look convinced. "Sure you wouldn't." She grabbed my hands. "When would you leave for this thing?"

"Tonight," Jameson clarified.

"How are you even okay with this?" I asked her. She gave me her classic Rebecca smile, one that radiated warmth no matter the situation.

"I have my reasons." She looked at Jameson. "Ones that I won't be saying in front of him, or any other Hawthorne besides Xander."

"That seems fair," I said, much to Jameson's dismay.

a/n:

my babies are so we can't be friends coded 😁🤺

hope u enjoyed !! more coming soon why is this going so fast already :(