Chapter 9.

Angel Island. A flying paradise hidden in the clouds, kept afloat by the power of the Master Emerald. Its location is secret all to a select few, including its one and only resident... Knuckles.

Knuckles looks up shielding his eyes from the sun as a restoration shuttle begins landing on the island.

Knuckles: That looks like... a restoration shuttle.

Suddenly Sonic leaps off the shuttle near Knuckles, making sure to land on the pathway to avoid the grass. He was nearly infected all the way and desperately needed to run it off.

Knuckles: SONIC?!

Sonic: Hey Knux.

Knuckles: Why do you look like Metal Sonic?

Sonic waves him off.

Sonic: Long story- stay back, I didn't wanna land on the grass just in case.

Knuckles: What's wrong with my grass?

Sonic: Nothing, Amy and Tails will explain, I gotta get back up to speed.

Sonic speeds off on the pathway.

Knuckles: THEY BETTER I WANT ANSWERS!

He looks back to see Amy and Tails coming over.

Knuckles: Even though I get the feeling I won't like them.

Y/N walked out of the shuttle, they asked Whisper if she wanted to step out, but she said not now and hasn't said another word to them, they watched everything going on as the rest of the restoration members were leading survivors into the nearby forest, Y/N's masked face held no emotion as they walked over to the alter where the three were standing.

Knuckles was sitting down on the steps in frustration as the two had finished explaining the situation to him.

Sonic skids to a stop having done a lap around the Island, the Metal Virus was still viable on him, but it was at least off his feet allowing him to step on the grass.

Sonic: Hey, you up to speed Knux?

Knuckles: uhg... you brought trouble to my island. AGAIN!

Y/N looks at Sonic, all this could have been avoided if he had just let Eggman be locked up.

Y/N: You know Sonic... this is all your fault in a way.

Knuckles furrows his brow in confusion, looking between Sonic and Y/N. Amy and Tails exchange a perplexed glance, unsure of what Y/N is referring to. Sonic blinks in surprise, not understanding how the situation could possibly be his fault.

Sonic: What do you mean it's my fault?

Y/N remains silent, their masked face betraying no emotion as they simply stare at Sonic, a sense of accusation hanging in the air, they suddenly bare their teeth, their emotions getting the better of them.

Y/N: IF YOU HAD JUST LET EGGMAN GET LOCKED UP NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED!

Knuckles and the rest look at Y/N in surprise, not expecting them to speak up in such a manner. Sonic looks taken aback by the accusation.

Amy: Y/N cal-

Y/N: IM TIRED OF BEING CALM! ME AND WHISPER JUST LOST OUR ONLY FRIEND! EVERY SURVIVOR IS HERE BEACUSE OF YOU!

Y/N takes a step closer to Sonic but Sonic steps backward not wanting to infect Y/N.

Sonic: I... I know Y/N, but we had no idea Dr Starline would bring Eggman back to his old ways, he was happy in Windmill Village as Mister Tinker.