𑁍𝗠𝗮𝘁𝘁 𝗦𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗼𝗹𝗼~𝗥𝘂𝗻𝗮𝘄𝗮𝘆𑁍

TW~Abuse, toxic ex boyfriend.

Y/N's POV

I had always known that my relationship with my ex was toxic, but I never realized just how much until the night I finally decided to run away. The constant blackmail, guilt tripping, and gaslighting had become unbearable, and I knew I couldn't stay a moment longer.

So, in the dead of night, I packed a bag with a few essentials and quietly slipped out of the house. I didn't have a plan, I just knew I needed to get away from him.

I wandered the dark streets, my heart pounding in my chest, unsure of where to go. And then, almost by instinct, I found myself standing in front of the Sturniolo's house.

I hesitated for a moment, unsure if I should knock on their door in the middle of the night. But I knew I had nowhere else to go. So, mustering all the courage I had left, I raised my hand and knocked.

I could hear shuffling inside, and then the door opened to reveal a tired but shocked Chris. "Y/N? What are you doing here at this hour?" he asked, concern evident in his voice.

I must have looked a mess, with bruises marking my skin and tears streaming down my face. "Chris, please, I need your help," I pleaded, not wanting to go into details but desperately needing a safe haven.

Without hesitation, Chris ushered me inside and handed me a tissue. "Let me call Matt," he said, knowing that Matt was not only my best friend but also someone who knew about my toxic relationship.

I tried to compose myself as best as I could, but my heart was racing as I heard Matt's footsteps coming down the stairs. And then, he appeared in the doorway, his eyes widening with shock and concern as he saw the state I was in.

"Y/N, what happened?" he asked, his voice filled with worry as he took in my bruised appearance.

Before I could even utter a word, my ex showed up at the door, his face contorted in anger. "Y/N, what the hell do you think you're doing? Get back in the car, we're going home," he demanded, his words dripping with venom.

I felt a surge of fear course through me, knowing that things were about to escalate. But Matt stepped forward, blocking the doorway and firmly saying, "She's not going anywhere with you. Nick, call the police."

I could see the confusion and fury in my ex's eyes, unable to comprehend why I was choosing to leave him. He started hurling insults at me, calling me crazy and accusing me of being on drugs.

But Matt stood his ground, refusing to let my ex come any closer. And then, within minutes, I heard the sirens approaching as the police arrived to take my ex away.

I felt a flood of relief wash over me as I watched him being led away in handcuffs. I sank down onto the sofa, the tears finally escaping as the weight of everything that had happened hit me.

Matt sat down beside me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and pulling me close. "You're safe now, Y/N. You're safe," he whispered, his voice filled with reassurance and comfort.

Nick and Chris had gone back to bed, having done their part in helping me. And as the clock struck 1 am, I found myself sitting with Matt, feeling grateful for his unwavering support and love.