you promised

"You promised," I whispered, feeling the weight of those two words sink deep into my chest. Lando had promised me a day a single day where we could just be together, away from the chaos of Formula 1, away from the demands of the world. But just like that he broke the promise and decided to go out and spend the day with Max karting

I sat alone in our shared apartment, staring blankly at the clock ticking away the minutes. The sunlight streamed in through the window, casting warm, golden rays across the room. It was supposed to be a perfect day, a day filled with laughter, love, and stolen moments. Instead, it was turning into a day filled with disappointment and heartache.

I tried to push down the rising tide of hurt and frustration, but it was impossible to ignore. Tears pricked at the corners of my eyes as I replayed Lando's words in my mind. "I promise, babe. Tomorrow's all about us. I'll make it up to you, I swear."

but once a promise is broken once it's hard to trust that those promises stay promises, How many times had I heard those same words, only to be left waiting in the wings while Lando chased after the adrenaline rush of the racetrack?

I wiped away a stray tear, angry at myself for letting him hurt me like this again and again. But despite my anger, there was still a part of me that longed for his presence, for his touch, for the warmth of his smile.

The sound of the front door opening snapped me out of my spiralling mind, and I tensed as Lando's familiar footsteps echoed through the apartment. He entered the room, a sheepish smile playing on his lips as he took in my tear-stained face.

"Hey, babe," he said softly, crossing the room to where I sat. "I know I messed up. I'm sorry."

His apology hung in the air between us, heavy with unspoken words and unresolved tension. I wanted to scream at him, to demand why he always put everything else before me. But the words caught in my throat, suffocated by the weight of my emotions.

Instead, I simply looked away, unable to meet his gaze. I felt him reach out, his fingers gently lifting my chin until our eyes met. I quickly hit his hands away from my face,

"I mean it, Y/N," he whispered, his voice raw with emotion. "I messed up, and I'll do whatever it takes to make it right. Just give me a chance to fix this."

I wanted to believe him, I truly did. But trust was a fragile thing, easily broken and hard to repair. And as much as I wanted to let him in, to believe that this time would be different, a part of me couldn't shake the feeling that history would only repeat itself.

"no Lando I'm done with this, you've done this so many fucking times, promised you were going to do something and then just never do it." I yelled "You pick your friends over me so many times and I'm done" and with that I walked out of the room we were both in and went to the study where I could process if this relationship is even worth saving.