10 | MOMENTS IN TIME

Začít od začátku

Barry shot her a bewildered look, unsure whether to be concerned or just wrap her around his arms to stop her from latching onto this doppelganger's back.

"Dr. Caitlin Snow, Cisco Ramon, and Rae..." Barry hesitated, his voice trailing off momentarily as he struggled to find the right words.

"...meet Dr. Harrison Wells from Earth-2." As they took a couple of steps into the room, the atmosphere grew tense, with questions swirling in their minds.

"So let me get this straight," Cisco interjected, stepping forward. "You're the doppelganger of the man who murdered Barry's mom?"

The words hung heavy in the air, causing Barry to glance down at the floor, his grip tightening on Rae's arm as if seeking comfort and a reason to distance himself from this stranger. Rae instinctively placed her hand on Barry's arm,

"And is responsible for both Ronnie and Eddie's deaths?" Cisco added, his tone laced with disbelief and accusation.

"Yeah, but he's not even the doppelganger of the Dr. Wells that we knew because that Dr. Wells' body had been taken over by the Reverse Flash, who was really Eobard Thawne and Eddie's distant relative from the future," Caitlin explained, her own confusion evident as she nodded to herself while trying to make sense of it all.

"Yeah, I didn't follow any of that. I'm my own man," Harrison Wells asserted, his tone less than friendly. "I had nothing to do with the murder of your mother or your friend Ricky."

Rae couldn't help but snort, quickly covering it up with a hand as Caitlin shot her a glare. "Sorry, sorry," she hushed.

"His name was Ronnie," Caitlin corrected irritably.

"Him either"

"You told me you have proof of your identity?" Barry's usually lighthearted tone had shifted to one of seriousness, his eyes fixed on the man's face

"This almost hit me when I went through the portal," Harrison Wells replied, holding up the bag that Professor Stein had thrown into the breach weeks ago.

Something Rae wasn't a part of because she was too busy mopping over the loss of her job.

Damn.

"Your stabilized breach downstairs connects directly to the S.T.A.R. Labs on my Earth," he continued, prompting Harry to glance at Rae, leaving her worried.

It was brief, but it was enough to make her wonder what he was thinking. Was he suspicious of something? Or was he merely acknowledging her presence in the conversation?

Rae's mind raced with doubts and questions, trying to dismiss the possibility that Harry had somehow seen through her.

"There's no way he figured me out that quickly," she thought, her thoughts racing almost as fast as Barry. "He's not the Thinker or some mind-reading meta. At least not yet. Maybe he was just acknowledging my presence, nothing more."

Despite her attempts to reassure herself, a lingering sense of unease remained, tugging at the edges of her mind.

This is season 2 not season 4 people!

Get it together.

"Technically, this could be mine, but I want to run some tests on you," Caitlin stated, reaching out awkwardly to take the bag back.

"I'll be genetically indistinguishable from my Earth-1 counterpart. Your tests will reveal nothing," Wells countered.

"Great!" Caitlin exclaimed with forced enthusiasm. "Still gonna run 'em."