• The Battle Continues •

Comincia dall'inizio

ABBY'S POV:

Belly got to choose the next game which was dancing

"So... I see the way you look at her," I said to Jeremiah. He was focused on the claw machine as I leant against it.

"Huh?" 

"Belly button?" I said.

"I don't know what you're talking about..." but I wasn't convinced so I kept my gaze intense on him. Feeling my eyes burn a hole into his skull, he finally turned to me, "okay, fine, so I'm starting to like her... Again."

"Correction, they never left. You still liked her even when she was with Conrad."

"Okay, so, uh, so maybe I never stopped, but I did back off," he defended. "And speaking of Conrad, I see the way he looks at you."

"Okay, now I don't know what you're talking about," I said bumping his hip with mine to move him away from the machine so I could have a go.

"You mean you don't see the longing stares he gives you, the way his mood instantly lifts when you walk into a room. Don't think I don't notice you guys flirting."

"You mean flanter, flirty-banter," I corrected.

"Either way, I see the looks you give each other."

I fail at the claw game then looked at him, "Are you sure you're not imagining this in your head to justify you being in love with your brother's ex?"

He thought for a second, "No. My eyes see the real thing, and that's you two."

"How about I make a deal with you? If you be honest first, then I'll be honest."

He was contemplating his answer then nodded, "okay, fine. I'm in love with Belly, I still am, and it pains me that Conrad got there first." My eyes widened, brows were raised, I was not expecting him to be that honest. "Your turn,"

I avoided his eyes as I answered, "I got rid off my feelings for Conrad after the whole Fourth of July thing and focused on a guy who cheated on me because I was virgin and wouldn't put out." I looked at him, "My feelings for Conrad resurfaced just after Aunt Susie's funeral, but how can I trust him with my feelings after last summer? I want to, but I can't. Plus... Belly." I turned back to play the claw game.

Jeremiah gathered I didn't want to talk about it anymore so he dropped it, for now, and playfully distracted me.

Jeremiah and Skye were up for the dance battle where we were pleasantly surprised by Skye's skills. She won and us girls cheered.