Chapter 3 - Friends?

Comincia dall'inizio

When Hermione muttered "Right."
Sophia continued, desperate to get the story over with. "I thought it would be funny to see what people felt the need to lie about, and it would also be a good way to make the teachers believe us about things, which they never did. I wanted them to do something about the other team cheating and I just thought... well I thought the secrecy sensor would help prove they had broken the rules. So, we snuck in, Seb unlocked the door and I found my way through the room without so much as turning a light on. I grabbed it and we went back to our rooms - a perfectly executed plan, nothing, other than the secrecy sensor, was disturbed."

Hermione was stroking her big ginger fur ball now. She stared at Sophia with so many questions in her eyes. "But you got caught?"

"Not exactly, when I went back to my dorm  I told Marie what we did. Marie was my best friend, or I thought she was." Sophia glanced down and swelled the lump that had formed in her throat.

"The next morning, we wound up in the headmistress' office, being told we were not welcome to return next year. Marie was in there when we were getting yelled at, the bitch didn't even look guilty." Sophia scoffed the last part. "Please don't tell anyone."

Hermione's expression went angry, then softened. "Well, she was stupid to get rid of you, and while it sucks that you got expelled, I'm really happy I met you. And don't worry, I won't."

Sophia grinned larger than she had around someone she just met for years. "Hermione?"

"Yes?"

"Friends?"

Hermione jumped in excitement, ran over to the girl and wrapped her arms around her torso. This time, Sophia didn't pull away, instead she asked, "So is that a yes?" Both the girls burst into laughter.

                                      ***

The girls had spent the entire evening learning about each other's hobbies. When they finally fell asleep, it was because their other roommates had forbade them from speaking any longer. Sophia found them bossy, but assumed that's what Hermione meant by 'they take a bit of getting used to.'

They walked down to the stairs the next morning and were greeted by Sebastian, Harry and Ron. The boys were in a rhythm of light banter, Harry noticed the girls coming down and tapped Sebastian's arm lightly. Sebastian followed his gaze and his eyes landed on his sister's smile.

Sophia bounced over to Sebastian and stood in front of him, waiting. Sebastian grinned at the sight of his twin so happy, he didn't know why she was cheery, but it didn't matter. She was having a good time, that was all he needed to know.

Sophia prodded his shoulder and he finally opens his arms, she embraced him, then turned to the other two boys. "Morning, did you guys have a nice night?"

"Morning, and yeah. Did you?" Harry responded. He twiddled with his fingers, he never did that, but something about the girl made him nervous.

"We had a great time, Sophia and I are good friends now." Hermione answered.

"Can we go to breakfast now? I'm starving." Ron muttered grumpily.

                                       ***

The five of them entered the great hall and sat at the Gryffindor table besides two identical boys.

"Who's this?" One of the boys asked.

"I'm Sophia, this is Sebastian." Sophia replied, "Who are you?"

"I'm Fred." He shoved a piece of fruit in his mouth.