And since it was mentioned, he's probably thinking now on how to tell her na hindi nakakahiya sa akin at hindi sya mapapahiya.

That's when I made the decision for him.
"Ah.. Bea, didn't I mention..."

"Oh! Hindi na ako nasabay sa kanya. Baka magalit yung girlfriend nya e. I'm actually surprised to find him here. Sige Tsong, mauna na ako", I said, sabay bitaw sa braso nya.

And when I thought I'd be free to walk away, which I was hoping na sana ibigay naman nya sa akin yung moment na yun, pero hindi.

I was surprised when Billy pulled my hand, and since I was turned to walk away, the impact of me going back to him was a bit strong, so ayun medyo mukhang OA lang na napasubsob ako sa kanya.

I didn't know why but my eyes accidentally went to Bea and she smirked like I was trying really hard to be this close to Billy.

I immediately pushed Billy away, but he held me still, and when I looked up at him, he was looking down at me, his face not really happy.

"Bea, I thought you already knew, " he said, and I know that tone- yung tone na masaya sya and proud. Pero who am I to know for sure? The fact that he didn't tell her again... tells a different story. "Didn't you mention....", then his demeanour has changed and the way he held me tightened. "Kami na pala ni Carla, finally"

I noticed how his jaw ticked, and how his stare at her became scary and how his eyes were warning her. There are too many things happening at once, and I don't have the capacity to read all through their gestures and secret codes, so I told myself to focus on what I am feeling instead. "Pero malapit nang hindi kaya wag ka masyadong lumayo, baka may mauna sayo. Nasa malapit lang din si Tanya"

I thought Bea would be surprised, and that somehow I would feel a bit victorious kasi kahit ba isipin nya na mukha akong trying hard mapalapit kay Billy, e, ako yung girlfriend ni Billy ngayon.

But she just smiled, and she smirked and shook her head. Like she has been expecting it, but she's expecting it not in a positive way.

"So, totoo ngang nasunod din talaga yung gusto nya?", she asked, her eyes on me, then she moved them to Billy. "Why am I not surprised? You all spoil her to the point na you will leave a healthy relationship just because your best friend is throwing a tantrum at you for spending time with your girlfriend?"

I felt Billy tensed beside me, and that somehow doesn't sit well with me.
Nasunod ang gusto nya?
Throwing a tantrum?
Ako ata yung sinasabi nya.

"Excuse me... I think there might be a misunderstanding here..."

"Carla...", he said in warning, but the moment I looked back at him, he somehow knew that there's no stopping me now.

"See what I meant? She'll just looked at you, and you won't even try to inject a word or two"

"Maybe that's because he knew that I can actually speak for myself?"

"Or maybe because he knew that regardless of what he'd say, ikaw pa rin ang mananalo"

"Kailan ako nanalo? Di ba ikaw nga yung pinili?

"Ako nga ba? Di ba ikaw yung girlfriend ngayon? And Carla, grow up. You're now what? 19? And you still talk and act like you're a kid. Excuse me, I still have class. And Billy, if you get tired of pacifying this kid, the offer still stands", then she walked away like she just didn't shake our worlds.

I stood there, staring at her back.
The Pareng Carla in me wanted to run after her and pull her hair...
But that girl Carla... Carla suddenly was lost in her thoughts.