Chapter 2. Lethal Fate

Y/N POV

After laying in my bed for half an hour trying to figure out what will happen to me if I get married to Kaden, I get filled with absolute rage. I get up and start screaming and throwing everything around my room, trying not to cry.

But after a few minutes I break down on my floor. I was sobbing and weeping when I heard my door open. I didn't bother to look who it was, I was just assuming it was one of the maids or something. But then I felt someone put their arms around me.

It was my mother. She was... comforting me? She usually never comes into my room. Only if it was urgent. Maybe she heard me making a ruckus? I doubted it, since my room is away from all the other main rooms. That wasn't important now.

I turned around and I hugged her back while weeping into her arms. She was hugging me probably for half an hour. Then she looked at me and started talking. "I know this might seem horrible now". I just kept looking at her while sniffling "But just know, we tried to find the best prince for you. He's kind, gentle, well-educated..." I sighed as she went on.

"Mother, I don't want that life! I don't want to be a wife to some man that doesn't even know me! How can you let father do this to me?!" I look at her with teary eyes, ready to cry at any moment. My mom looks at me as if she's guilty of something "I'm sorry Y/N, but it's just how this works... I didn't have a choice either..." Suddenly as I hear my own mother say that, I felt my heart drop. She... Also was forced into marriage? With my dad??

I try to say something but no words come out of my mouth. It was as if I had forgotten how to speak. My mother doesn't say anything either. She just hugs me again, tightly as before. This time I didn't cry, I couldn't. The fact my mother doesn't even love my father. That she was robbed of a perfectly good life... It made my blood boil, but also made me feel hopeless. It made me remember I will have the same fate as her.

After some time, my mother heard father asking her to come out of my room. So she did, leaving me alone on the floor, again. I just know I need to escape that fate somehow. I don't know how yet. But, I don't want to end up like my mother, or any other queen that was forced into marriage. I can't let myself have the same disgusting, filthy fate.

I decided I'll figure out something later in the night, when my parents are sleeping. I just had to be patient. Thank God I asked my parents today at the dinner table about the forced marriage, meaning i still have alot of time to escape. Usually my parents don't tell me about marriages until the night before them. So I know I have at least a month or so to prepare some sort of plan.

Maybe I can beg my way out of this? Should I just hide somewhere and never come out? Do I really let my father decide my fate?

I try to think of some plans, but all of them have some sort of fault in them. None of them would actually work. I wreck my brain trying to figure out something, but nothing good comes to mind. Is there any way I can destroy or leave my princess status? I don't think so, especially since I'm my parents'only child. So they wouldn't let me leave my princess title because I'm the only heir to the throne. Leaving me stuck.

But that's when I realized... This whole system of a forced marriage is rigged. It's made so that women can't leave. That they're stranded, leaving them no option but to marry whoever their parents see fit.

I'm stuck, with nowhere to run. I've come to my last destination in my life. To be married off to someone. This is where I actually die. But instead of me in the coffin, there will be my independence, thoughts and mind. I will become nothing more than a living statue. I'm stuck in this God awful fate. I have nowhere to run. I'm done for. In between my fate and suicide there's no difference.

I kneel down on the ground and started praying while sobbing. "God, please... let me find an escape. I can't live like this. I just want to have a normal life. Please don't let me die..." I beg as my knees turn slightly red. "God, I don't want to die..." I whisper before finishing my prayer.

I get up from the ground and brush some dust off of my knees as I get into my bed. Awaiting the perfect time for my parents to fall asleep and go into our castles library, to find some answers that could possibly save me from my awaited death...

I slowly drift to sleep, but not for long before I hear the church's bell ring as it signifies it's midnight. I jumped out of bed and put on some socks. "Time to find some answers" I whisper to myself, trying to give myself some hope. I open my bedroom door and tip-toe to the library.

Authors note

2 chapters in 1 day?! 😨 Damn. Anyways I know this doesn't follow the same plot line for now and I know you might be wondering "where's Albert?! This is an Albert fanfic, isn't it??" Shush, he will come into the story later but you will get to see him. Just not now