Prologue

James

"Please, everyone, make sure to get on the train in the next five minutes. The next stop is Hogwarts - the school for witches and wizards."

James was standing on the platform 9¾, waiting for his father to finish discussing something important on the phone. Ministry, probably.

The train station was filled with students' conversations. Everyone was excited for the new year, and was gathering together in little friend groups to ramble about who will win the Quidditch final game.

Albus and Lily, James's little brother and sister, were already about to step onto the train, not even waiting for the whole family to say goodbye to them.

"Give me my phone, freak!" Lily shouted at Albus, trying to return her belonging.

"You won't need it anyways, so I guess I will accidentally drop it..." Albus mocked her.

James didn't share their enthusiasm. Something about his father's sudden desire to let him and Albus attend Hogwarts was suspicious. Their whole live Harry had been telling scary stories about how dangerous this school was and that every single year students died.
And now, after 5 years of homeschooling, he's decided to send the brothers to Hogwarts.

The only thought that disturbed James was why his father enrolled Lily in Hogwarts, even though she was two years younger than James and one year younger than Albus.

"Please, everyone, make sure to get on the train. The departure time is in two minutes."

"James!" Harry called his son out. He smiled awkwardly. "Be careful. I'm sure you are a smart kid, but... sometimes things can get really difficult."

"Let me guess. Be aware of Slytherins, huh?" James replied sarcastically. He wasn't a child to be lectured.

Harry nodded. "Yes. And please let me know what house you got into."

Private Sorting ceremony was very rare, but there were some exceptional situations where it was required. Like now, for example.

"I will." James said coldly.

Not a single person in Potter family hesitated about Albus' and James' houses. Everyone knew it would be Gryffindor.

Getting onto the train, all three of young Potters waved their parents. The train set off.

***

Dyanne

They're here. Perfect.

Father's voice snapped Dyanne out of her thoughts back to reality. Standing on the platform, she was observing other students.

"I promise you. One more mistake, and I will not drag you out of your own mess." Dyanne's father said coldly. As always.

She didn't want to reply. It was too much of an effort to argue with him. So she just nodded and went back to looking anywhere but in his direction.

One more mistake.

Dyanne wanted to laugh. No, it wasn't just a mistake. Whatever happened, should've happened.

This year will be different. She had to change the entire game now. And do it quick, before her new pawns get too much courage to ask questions.