Chapter 16 - Another Plan

Chapter Song Rec: I Wanna be Yours by Arctic Monkeys

_________________________

You laid in his arms, fiddling with his necklace between your fingers. The two of you were quiet, completely silent, the only sound you could hear being his heartbeat, his chest pressed right against your ear. He was warm, his lips against the top of your head as he breathed out, chest rising up and down with each exhale. 

You didn't know how long the two of you had been like this, quietly cuddling each other, not a word being exchanged. It had felt like hours, but had probably only been a few minutes. Everything felt like a blur, the kiss, the hug, the smiles, his face.

Even now, looking up at him, every inch of bare skin completely visible to your scanning eyes, you could barely believe what you could see.

"What?" he asked, a slight smile on his face as he looked down at you. You stayed silent for a moment before you simply pressed your nose into his chest again, exhaling softly. "Nothing." You replied in a whisper, hiding a grin as you kept your face from his view. 

"Hmm." He hummed, tilting your chin up slightly to peck your forehead, lips lingering for a moment as he enjoyed the feel of your skin against his. "Didn't look like nothing." 

"Do you feel okay?" You asked, trying to change the subject. You looked between his eyes, taking in his soft look, your heart wrenching just slightly at the thought of him getting hurt. "Do you feel...sick?"

His expression immediately darkened and he dropped his gaze. "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" You asked softly, taking his face in your hands and making him raise his eyes again. "Nothing feels off?"

"I don't want to think about it." He said a little roughly, pulling his face out of your hands and sitting up, back towards you. You followed, pulling the covers along with you and feeling a little taken aback. "Sorry." You mumbled.

He looked back at you, gaze softening. "It-It's fine. I just...I'm sorry." He said half-heartedly, pulling you back into his arms. "Let's just not talk about it, yeah? I'll figure it out later. Right now...I just want to be with you, dove."

"I know." You said quietly, wrapping your arms around his waist. "But the longer you wait, the worse it'll get. We need to figure out how to get it out of you now. Before it's too late." Kasady had turned in a matter of hours...so you were terrified of what would happen to Hobie now. It'd been days

"Or we could figure it out later and I could just keep kissing you" he suggested, lips already pressed against yours as he pulled you in again, a quiet sigh leaving his lips. "God you're so pretty" he whispered pulling you on top of him as he laid back into the bed, gazing up at you, hooded eyes running over your face, your neck, your body.

You could feel your face growing hot and you simply stared down at him, unsure of what to do, before you kissed him again, sprawled out over his lanky body, hands on his chest. He propped himself up in one elbow to steady himself, the other arm snaking around your waist to hold you close, lips hesitant to leave yours.

"You're pretty too" you said all of a sudden as you pulled back. He stopped, a wide grin spreading across his face. "Really? You think I'm pretty?" he asked teasingly, nuzzling your cheek with his nose as he traced his lips across your face.

"Very." You said with an awkward nod, letting him pull you back down and cuddle you into his arms. He chuckled at this, opening his eyes slowly to look down at you. "You-"

Suddenly, you heard a knock at your door. You pushed him off the bed and he fell with a grunt, looking over at the door in surprise. Right as the door opened, he rolled under the bed, making it seem as though he'd never been there in the first place.