0.1 - luggage

-

"Don't forget your toothbrush" My dad yelled from downstairs.

I rolled my eyes not understanding why he would remind me about the insignificant toothbrush that was already packed in my suitcase.

"Already in the suitcase" I yelled back.

I packed up a few more clothes and rushed downstairs with the suitcase in my hand. I rushed not because I was excited that I had to move in with my dad but because I was really hungry and dad had promised to stop at McDonald's.

"Ready?" My dad said enthusiastically.

"Yeah dad, ready" I said pushing him towards the door. I swear I heard my stomach grumbling.

My dad locked the front door and hopped into the drivers seat next to mine.

"So... you excited?" He paused to look at me quickly. "You know, about the whole moving thing"

My dad was currently the headmaster of Regis Prep School which meant he had to be there 24/7, I was left most of the time with my mom but after she passed I had no more option but to move in with my dad at the 'rejects school'.

"Not really pumped about it" I replied shortly.

I really wasn't, Regis had recently accepted girls just because they knew they'd make more money. My dad would come home every weekend and tell us stories about how problematic everyone was at Regis since they'd accepted girls, but even with all the drama, the amount of money they gained was worth it.

I wasn't the type to break the rules, I mean I always did the best I could, I studied hard, kept myself from drama, I was mostly invisible at school and I liked it that way.

I'd tried to convince my father to let me stay at home even if that meant I'd live alone. Let's just say my dad wasn't to happy about the option of having an underage girl living alone.

"C'mon it'll be fun" My dad said giving me a sincere smile.

"Yeah right" I said, at this point only thinking about the hamburger I was going to eat later.

You'd think my dad would at least have the decency to leave me with any of my family members like my grandma or my aunt or even my 18 year old brother but that wasn't the case, he wasn't too fond of the idea of me having to live far from him. Selfish much?

My whole family other than my dad and brother lived in California, and I used to live there too until my father received a job offer from Regis and we had to move all the way to Virginia.

My brother was already studying at Regis and knowing how my brother is, he would never want to move in with me and have to change schools just for the sike of the reputation he had already built over the years at Regis.

"We're here" My dad announced while parking the car.

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at McDonalds' entrance, my mouth watering at every glance.

I rushed out of the car and went in line to order, there wasn't a lot of people so it wasn't long until it was my time to order.

"I'd like some nuggets please" I said, my dad joining me.

Okay yeah maybe I changed my mind, I originally came here for a hamburger but hey, those nuggets were calling my name, what can I do.

They gave us our order not long after and we picked our table.

I ate my delicious nuggets as I thought about Regis, how would I survive there? I wasn't really the problematic kind. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared of how people would react about my sudden appearance.

"Slow down" My dad said chuckling "You look like a pig eating like that"

"Thanks dad, really charming" I glared at him.

~

"Here we are" My dad said while the police guard opened the gate for us to enter.

I glanced at the x'ed out sign which now said 'The Rejects School" instead of its original name, those little shits.

It was 4pm and there was no one in sight so I assumed everyone was either 1. eating or 2. currently being attacked by terrorist, yeah right.

Every inch my dad drove into the property I felt more and more sick, I wasn't ready for this, I wasn't ready to get involved with problematic teenagers, I wasn't ready to be killed, I wasn't ready to die, holy lord please don't let me die.

My dad finally parked the car into its place and hopped out taking my luggage in his hands, me on the other side I was still sitting inside the car with my seatbelt buckled, I wasn't ready for this god damn ride I needed my seatbelt well buckled.

"C'mon Sky we don't have all day" My dad knocked on the car window which made me jump a little.

"I'm not ready for this dad" I said, my grip tightening on the seatbelt.

Part of me was shouting at me to get my ass up and enter that building like the fucking queen I am. Yeah right. But the other part of me was just repeating 'abort mission! abort mission!'.

Guess what part was stronger, yep you got that right.

"Abort mission dad!" I said quickly locking the door so he wouldn't force it open.

"I don't have time for this Sky, c'mon you're going to be just fine" He said his patience slowly fading away.

"Alright, but the least you can do is let me have tv in my room" I paused looking at his expression, he was clearly done with my childish act. "And you better let me keep my movies" I added.

"You know I can't do that, it wouldn't be fair for the other students" My father said shaking his head.

Oh hell no, he wasn't about to take my prized possessions away from me, nope.

"Dad, I've already gone through enough" I said pouting "That's the least you can do"

The pout always gets him.

"Alright, you win" He saw lifting his arms up in surrender.

"Fuck yes!" I said quickly covering my mouth after realizing my father was still in sight.

"Watch your language!" He said giving me a glare.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and stepped out onto the floor and followed my father up to the entrance of Regis.

He pushed the big wooden door open and stepped inside, I took my time to look around. There wasn't anything interesting to be honest, a couple phone booths, doors that lead to classrooms and some huge ass stairs.

"Over here" My dad said signaling for me to follow him.

I followed him up the stairs until we reached the third floor, we walked until we were at the end of the hallway and then he stopped in front of a dorm room.

"This is it" My dad said opening the door with the small key he had in his hands.

He stepped into the dorm and left my luggage on the floor. I looked around taking in my surroundings, there was a bunk bed and a single bed, the room was strangely impeccable and that's when I gave my dad a confused look. He seemed to understand and gave me the answer I was looking for.

"Theres like 2 more vacant rooms, there weren't enough students this year to fill them all so I guess you'll have a room of your own" My dad said smiling.

Thank the lord! I would be lying if I said I wasn't glad I wouldn't have to share rooms with anyone. I mean, I do like my privacy, crying over sad movies at 3am isn't something I want people to know or see.

"Okay so I'll be back with your schedule and the tv" My dad chucked.

"You better"

-
AUTHORS NOTE: whoop first chapter, I know it's really boring but I swear it'll get better. Next chapter will be good, if you know what I mean *wiggles eyebrows*

This is it for now, it'd be great if you guys left feedback so I know I don't suck.. or if I do. The more feedback the faster the updates *wink, wink*

I need to be stopped.