"Good work, Emily. It's nicely written," she remarks.

"Thanks," I reply with a smile and head out of the classroom.

It's Wednesday, so we have the afternoon off. I picked up an extra shift at the bookstore, starting at two. I head home, change into work-appropriate attire, grab a quick bite, and check the time. It's only twelve thirty, so I decide to take Diva for a walk. Despite her intimidating appearance, she's actually the sweetest dog. As I grab her collar and leash, Diva gets all excited, jumping up and down in the hallway and wagging her tail.

"You wanna go out for a walk that bad, huh?" I say as I'm putting my shoes on and pat her on the head. "Let's go then." I say, running out the door.

Our neighborhood is a lovely place for a stroll, and not far from my place is the town center. While I'm walking, I receive a text from my dad, informing me that he'll be home late tonight and that we don't need to wait up for him. As I'm replying to his message, I accidentally bump into someone.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention," I apologize and glance at the person. I'd be damned. It's Ms. Anderson, again.

"No worries. You seem to have a talent for bumping into people, don't you?" She chuckles and asks. It's the sweetest thing I've ever heard, I think to myself. "Is this the famous Diva you mentioned in your text?" She inquires as she bends down to pet her.

"Yes, this is her," I reply, and a smile spreads across my face. Diva clearly adores her because she's showering her with licks while wagging her tail.

Ms. Anderson stands up and gestures towards the bookstore, saying, "I was actually on my way to the bookstore. I've finished the book you recommended." She smiles warmly.

"What did you think?" I ask eagerly.

"I loved it. Her relationship with her true love was heartbreakingly beautiful," she expresses with a smile tinged with sadness as she remembers. "Do you have any other books you recommend? I'd love to read another book as good as that one," she inquires, prompting me to consider for a moment.

"I recommend 'If We Were Villains'; it has Shakespearean elements and is as heart-wrenching as 'The Seven Husbands Of Evelyn Hugo,'" I suggest, to which she nods in agreement.

"I guess I know what book I'm reading next," she declares. "Well, I'll leave you to it. Thanks for the recommendation, and I'll see you tomorrow, Emily," she says before waving goodbye as she heads towards the bookshop and vanishes. These little interactions are growing on me. She's genuinely kind and engaged in our conversations. I still can't fathom why she's so different during class.

I'm eating diner as my dad walks in. He's not that late after all. My shift at the bookstore was calm, and I even had some time to read.

"Hi, dad," I greet him, and he smiles back.

"Hi, honey. How was your day?" he asks while putting his shoes away.

"Great! I got an A+ in English," I beam with pride.

"That's fantastic, Emily!" He kisses me on the head and gets a plate for himself. While Mom and Dad chat, I finish and put my plate in the dishwasher.

"I'm heading upstairs to get some rest. See you tomorrow," I say, giving them both a quick kiss before dashing up the stairs. In my room, I find Diva on my bed. She perks up as I walk in and rushes over to greet me.