Chapter 9: Rainy travels

Börja om från början

"He is... yes. And he is much more that that," He said while readjusting his sitting position.

"Wha-" She broke her sentence with a hesitant inhale, "What do you mean, your highness?"

"Simply that he is like a puppeteer, and I his doll, and my strings are knitted together by the goddess herself." He sighed, "I wish that I wasn't a prince, and that I didn't have to awaken these stupid sealing powers, I have spent a decade praying and it's all..." He scoffed. "All useless," He frowned with a defeated tone.

"I..." Her words never came out louder than a whisper as she decided to let Link talk some more.

"I wish I could've chosen a different fate. You would know, wouldn't you? Your father was a knight, yes? Well then, would you have chosen a different path?" He turned his head towards her.

"I... I don't know. For as long as I have been able to remember I've been sword fighting, and I've never despised it but rather thought it to be a blessing that I was able to train from such a young age. And even since I was 13 this blade chose me," She turned her head over her shoulder looking at the Master Sword, then stared back at him. "So it's not like I have had a choice since then anyways." Her unsure reply frustrated Link ever so slightly.

"How do you just... not know? I mean you're so luck-"

"No." She stopped his sentence. He turned his head towards her and raised an eyebrow while the other furrowed. "No, I would not have chosen a different path. I believe that this is my destiny, and if I had failed to fulfill it then Hyrule would be doomed."

Link huffed and went back to staring at the fire, or really to look at anything besides the knight. Silence befell the cave for a few more minutes, lightning struck and thunder clapped here and there as the storm went on.

"But are you only doing it for Hyrule?" He spoke again. She shook her head."Then why?" He inquired again.

"For my family mostly, especially my younger sister Aryll."

Link's head piped up in response, "Sister? I didn't know you had a younger sister,"

"Mhm, she's pretty annoying but also pretty fun," Zelda added.

"Where is she now?" He asked.

"Lurelin village, she's 14 and works for some fishermen and women down there all by herself. Although she assures me that she has lots of friends, I bet it's lonely." Zelda chuckled with a smile.

"Is having siblings fun?"

"Well, you love them," She explained, "yet at the same time they're the most annoying people on earth," Zelda huffed sarcastically.

The fire cackled some more, and the heavens kept pouring out rain.

"Oh, by the way," Link spoke and Zelda gave a 'mhm' in response, "On our first night in Gerudo Town, you had come back from the Canteen and told me you would 'tell me something later,' so now, I'm rather curious, what was that something?" Link not so carefully chose his words but asked nonetheless.

Zelda tensed up from embarrassment,
Have I made a promise that I don't even remember? She thought to herself, I don't even remember talking to him for Hylia's sake!
Her mind raced trying to recall what she was going to tell him. "I... I actually have no clue," Zelda blinked with a straight face.