Office Ordeal

Hudson was in his cramped little office seat as his bag was overflowing with doodles and his desk was blanketed by an overwhelming amount of unfinished coffee cups. Hudson had been working as the editor for Denselburg's newspaper for 4 and a half years.

Everyday seemed mundane as the daily news for the city was absurdly bland with headlines such as "Rock Has Been Found Near Lake" or "Tree Planted Near A Store" being used often. Hudson was typing up another utterly distasteful story when he suddenly gets an idea. He rushes through typing the article for the newspaper so that he can scurry home and begin his grand plan.

Hudson eagerly begins to plan his big presentation by getting out colorful stationary and prismatic bottles of glitter. He writes down what he plans to say and examples of story headlines that might be enjoyable or useful to readers. It took a while but soon there was a colorful presentation just begging to be shown.

The next day, his colleagues and his malevolent boss, Ned, had gathered up in an office room to hear about Hudson's big plans. Hudson nervously breathed in and out heavily.

"H-Hello fellow colleagues-" Hudson's sentence was cut off by a fake cough from Ned. He struggled to get his words out so he reached for his cards with lines he was supposed to memorize.

"Oops!" Ned said as he knocked down the cards. Hudson felt his determination fall as fast as the pieces of paper. Red flashed across his face as people who he had respected suddenly snickered at his clumsy approach on his presentation. Hudson dropped the cards on a stack on the table and took another breath.

"L-Look ... I know you guys aren't very open to change ... but please just give me a chance to help, not only our team, but the community of people just waiting for a little bit more excitement in their lives ..." Hudson stood on the table to show his persistence on the situation.

For a few seconds the room was awkwardly silent but the silence was broken by a giggle then a snicker and before he knew it the whole office was filled with a contagious outburst of laughter. Hudson shamefully got down from the table as Ned gave him an aggressive stare signaling a "private meeting" in his office.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Apr 24 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Hudson Munroe [Narrative Version (Story One)]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें