Chapter 2: Chocobo Fun!

Ethan and the others went back in the ranch, and saw Billy. Billy noticed them and said, "Hey, perfect timing. Piko's all prepped. But first, here..." he then handed a chocobo whistle to Cloud. "You give that whistle a toot, and your chocobo'll come a runnin'." he then took the chocbo with him before leading everyone outside the ranch. Once they were outside the ranch, Arieth said, "We can't thank you enough, Billy."

Billy chuckled. "Oh, that reminds me... You're flat broke, right?" Then you might wanna swing by Kalm again. Now that the troopers have cleared, it's probably safe for you to ask for work. Though, don't run off just yet... My sister's lookin for help. Not sure what the trouble is... didn't want to confide in me for whatever reason. Honestly, she hasn't been the same since her mom left. They did dang near everything together."

Areith looked at Cloud. "You want to lend Chloe a hand?"

"We need to move on." Cloud answered.

"True. But moving on costs money."

"Hmm..." Cloud folded his arms.

"We had fun helping people in sector 5, right? Same deal."

Ethan smiled as he watched Cloud and Areith interact with each other. He could notice the deep bond and friendship that both shared with each other, making the sight of them conversing more delightful. On top of that, he was amazed by the fact that he was currently interacting with the characters from the Final Fantasy 7 World. The fact that it was even possible to travel to alternate realities surprised him greatly. That's when Tifa noticed Ethan enjoying the scenery around him and smiled at him.

"Ethan, how is your world like?" Tifa asked.

Ethan looked at Tifa and began to remember about how New York was. The place was for the most part was littered, but at the same time, it had its plus points too.

"My world..." he began, a wistful look in his eyes. "It was different. The buildings weren't made of weathered wood or sleek mako-powered metal like here. They were tall, gray structures of glass and concrete. We didn't have Chocobos; instead, roaring metal machines took us places." Ethan chuckled softly. "New York, the city where I lived, was a place of crowds and noise. Always buzzing with life, but a different kind of life."

His expression grew thoughtful. "This world," Ethan gestured to the rolling hills stretching out from the ranch, "feels more...real, somehow. The air tastes cleaner, the ground beneath my feet seems sturdier. Back home, it was easy to feel disconnected, even with so many people around. Here, there's something...tangible, alive in the way the wind rushes through the grass or the Chocobo kicks up dust."

Tifa listened intently, her own memories of Midgar contrasting with Ethan's descriptions. She was struck by his comparison, the way he found a vibrancy in this world that felt lacking in his own.

"You know," she said softly, "I think I understand. Sometimes under the plates, or in the hum of Shinra machinery, it's easy to forget how big and beautiful the world really is. It's a good reminder." She gave Ethan a warm smile.

Barrett, who had been leaning against a stable door nearby, rumbled a thoughtful grunt. "Sounds kinda stuffy, that world of yours, kid. All cooped up in metal boxes, breathin' recycled air. Makes a man appreciate the open sky, that's for sure." He scratched his head with his giant metal arm.

Areith looked at Ethan and seemed to be in thought. Unknown to Ethan, she was thinking deeply about Zack Fair. Now that she knew he was really out there, she was wondering what she would do about how she felt about Cloud. Areith liked Cloud for sure. However, there was liking, and then there is liking. She seemed to be confused about her own feelings. However, now knowing that Zack was out there, she deep down wanted to see him again.