Chapter 5

Harper's POV

Harper's POV

Approximately forty-five minutes later, the car came to a halt in front of a stunning resort in Palm Beach, leaving me utterly astonished. The valet approached as we exited the vehicle, retrieving a duffel bag along with my carry-on suitcase from the trunk, Ethan handed over the keys. Our check-in process was swift, after which we took the elevator to the 10th floor.

Entering our hotel room, we were greeted with a breathtaking view of the ocean. I couldn't wait to watch the sunset and sunrise from up here. Ethan's tender embrace momentarily pulled me from my trance.

"I'm sorry I've been so busy lately, Harper, and not giving you the attention you deserve," he expressed, his voice full of regret. "I understand," I responded, my tone supportive. "I know things are going to get better."

Feeling hungry we headed to the Resort's Oceanfront restaurant. It was beautiful and relaxing dining by the ocean. For appetizer we got the crab cake Caesar salad and the filet mignon sliders with caramelized onions which was amazing. For the main course I ordered the crusted salmon, which was served with coconut rice and vegetables, it was extremely good. Light, fresh, perfectly seasoned and a great portion size. Ethan got the scallops with blue crab fried rice and wood-grilled asparagus, that too was delicious.

We tried the banana cream pie and the brownie topped with candy ice cream. They were delightful! The ambiance and fabulous service made this a wonderful lunch. I can't wait to recreate some of these masterpieces.

***

Following our meal, Ethan and I enjoyed a leisurely stroll along the beach, people watching and taking in the scenery. The day continued with us lounging and indulging in some pampering at the spa. Later, we headed back to our room to freshen up in anticipation of dinner.

Noticing my suitcase, I couldn't help but ask, "When did you manage to do all this?"

With a grin he replied, "When you were sleeping."

"What if I hadn't slept in?" I asked curiously. "How would you have managed then?"

With a confident smile, he answered, "I have my ways."

Once we had freshened up, he revealed that he had one more surprise in store. Overwhelmed by his thoughtfulness, I responded, "Babe, you've already done so much." "Let me spoil you, sweetheart," he insisted, his voice filled with affection and the desire to make me feel cherished.

We, along with two other couples, were picked up from the front of the resort and taken to the Marina, where we all boarded a boat for a dinner cruise. It was delightful socializing with the other couples, Nick and his wife Ashley, and Steve and his wife Tessa, who were celebrating their eighth wedding anniversary. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, making the most of the night.

***

Waking up feeling like crap, I was immediately reminded of how much fun we had last night. As I tried to get up, I realized I was completely naked under the covers. A futile pat-down of the bed revealed none of my clothes. Edging out of bed, I was surprised to find our clothes scattered across the floor, creating a trail from our room door. Memories of last night brought a nostalgic smile to my face, taking me back to the carefree days of our university years.

Heading to the bathroom, I relieved myself before catching my reflection in the mirror, I looked disheveled. My hair was in a wild disarray, sticking out in every direction, and my lipstick had smeared across my face, evidence of a night well spent.

Recalling the brunch date we had arranged with Steve and Tessa; I decided it was time to start getting ready. I gently woke Ethan, urging him to get ready as well, so we could both be on time.

I sent a quick text to Tessa to confirm our breakfast plans for 9:30 AM. She promptly replied, affirming that our meet-up was still on schedule.

Battling the lingering effects of yesterday's outing, I reached out to the front desk to ask if they had any hangover medication. Luckily, they did, assuring me that they would send someone up with it shortly.

The elevator opened and inside stood Steve and Tessa both looking lovely. Tessa wore a beautiful yellow tie strap fit and flare high slit midi dress, her wavy shoulder- length hair highlighted her Asian features. While Steve wore gray chinos and a white button-down linen shirt. "Perfect timing I say" with a smile making our way in the elevator.

"How was your night?" Tessa asked.

"Eventful, still recovering from it," I replied with a chuckle.

"How was yours," I questioned?

"Ours was great!" she said, her smile reflecting the enjoyable time they had experienced as well.

The breakfast was set up buffet style, allowing guests to select from an array of enticing dishes. Once we had selected what we wanted we settled into our seats, eager to enjoy not only the meal but also each other's company. As we ate, the conversation flowed naturally, gravitating towards our professional lives. It was during this exchange that we learned Steve, and his friend were the driving forces behind an emerging tech company, while Tessa shared insights into her career as a Real Estate Agent. The meal provided a perfect setting for deepening our acquaintance and sharing stories of our time together.

After completing our check-out process and exchanging promises to stay in touch, we bid farewell to the Jennings, before parting ways and heading home.

Or so, I thought...

________

❤️ Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment! ❤️